What's new
What's new

415v ???

Milland

Diamond
Made in Coleshill, near Birmingham. 415V 50Hz as it should be. None of this peculiar colonial electrickery. :D

Ah yes, the Olde Country, where noontime Siestas and a more relaxed approach to life take precedence. Perfectly fine to dial things back a bit...

[I will admit to never seeing any tumbleweeds rolling through the streets of Birmingham...]

thermite

Diamond
Makes sense - so cold up there that you have to go full-speed to keep from freezing...

[Supposed to go down to -10F tonight here, so I'll be an ice cube by morning]

No You will not.

We will not allow it!

Keep Cow Hampshire Warm

Reduce contamination from toxic anti-Freeze!!!

Reduce Carbon Emissions!!!

Keep New Ink Land Green!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ox

Makes sense - so cold up there that you have to go full-speed to keep from freezing...

[Supposed to go down to -10F tonight here, so I'll be an ice cube by morning]

Guys that I know that were sledding up between Hearst and Cochrane last week were posting -37 pics.
I've rode that section when it was that cold before too.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

thermite

Diamond
Guys that I know that were sledding up between Hearst and Cochrane last week were posting -37 pics.
I've rode that section when it was that cold before too.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Dad was a "changed man" after serving as NCOIC of "Location Party" to survey the route, then build it as Regimental Construction SGT Major:

ALCAN Highway) was built as a supply route to military forces in Alaska during World War II to help the American military transport equipment to and from Alaska. The men worked tirelessly in lengthy shifts, sometimes in temperatures of -40° F. A record temperature of -79° F was set during construction.

Sooo.. he insisted we kids learn to deal with the outdoors, Blizzards of '49. '50, '51 in Vermont and Taxatwoshits same as backwoods Appalachia.

Most important lesson wasn't in his plan, but I always was an "out of the box" thinker'..Even when focusing on the "box".

Git's really cold?

Delegate all that outdoorsy s**t to some Buckeye who actually LIKES playin' in the snow...

Make like an Amerindian of the far North..

... and crawl into a nice, comfy bed with an old-fashioned, oiled-fire steam-heated...

... Lady!

"Priorities"

I may be slooooooooowwww

But I'm ahead of YOU!

Earlier start, if nothing else...

:D