What's new
What's new

4th Axis 96mm 90deg adapters?

Rick Finsta

Stainless
Looks like I just sold out of everything I have in inventory so I need to get rocking on some stuff that is best suited to two operations: using a 4th axis for the first, and simply removing the excess holding stock and chamfering on the second in a vise on the table.

Everything I can find is going to put the vise(s) way too close to the spindle face to be useable (like the two-sided or three-side units, or the 5th-Axis brand 90deg adapter).

Other than those who have built 90deg adapters and then mounted a Lang (or whatever) 96mm plate onto it... is there anything commercially available for this? I REALLY don't have time to make something, I need to bolt something in and cut parts.

I searched far and wide before making my indexing fixture. If you want quick and dirty you don't need to use a Lang adapter, just take the studs out of the vise and bolt into it from below.

Have you looked at the single side L shaped Stallion Shelf from Martin Trunnions? They’re below center and have a decent amount of room to mount to. Could easily modify them to mount a 5th axis or Lang base to the face. Really wish the one 5th axis makes was below center rather than above.

Stallion Shelf Units - Martin Trunnion Tables

Thanks! I've got a quote coming from Martin with an Orange on a single-side unit that would mount to my Lang quick point on the T200A.

Meantime I'm going to design something up in aluminum since I've got so much 8"x2" around for my product line I can whip something up in a hurry.

Back