What's new
What's new

5 axis selection

If you like the concept of the Grob, i still would get a quote. Just to know.

A few years back we bought 3 of those fully decked out (300+ tools per machine) and they were around 350k if i remember correctly.

I just know that you can do way more stuff on such a machine than on a C250 (which is still a good machine).

- Tools are limited to around 40
- Loading tools from the magazine is a pita according to people who use the machine
- the 500 model is in price more than the dmu50 and c250. With comparable options around 20 to 30k more.
- there seems to be a slight disadvantage in stability when y extends compared to the other models
- i never saw a local company have these entry level mikrons. The companies that do have mikrons all get the P versions

But you can add factory automation faily cheap! Pallet pool (although quite small) is only around 45k.
Steptec spindle is a nice
Same goes for the direct drive motors on the tables...crazy fast
I have a mill e 700.. They Y rigidity isn't the best when its extended way out but that's expected with this type of RAM machine. My other big complaint about this machine is the ATC is the slowest I've ever worked with and with 30 tools you can't change them at the magazine. However I've heard the 60 tools is possible to swap at the magazine, not sure how well it works. Other than these problems its surprisingly accurate and dynamic with the DD motors on rotaries, Step-Tec spindle is amazing. I'd quote this machine out to at least see what the price for a 60 tool, TSC, 7 pallet machine costs. Its not a fancy machine but for the price I paid it quickly pays for itself. Neither Grob nor Hermle is in our country and I doubt we have enough margin in our current parts to swing a machine like that, but if I could I would!

Are you getting a pallet pool right off the bat or adding it on later?
I would like to add one directly.
But the factory automation options don't have enough pallets.
It's not bad though. But I see myself using 20 to 30 pallet in one nightrun.
So I would add different brand automation to it.

I have a mill e 700.. They Y rigidity isn't the best when its extended way out but that's expected with this type of RAM machine. My other big complaint about this machine is the ATC is the slowest I've ever worked with and with 30 tools you can't change them at the magazine. However I've heard the 60 tools is possible to swap at the magazine, not sure how well it works. Other than these problems its surprisingly accurate and dynamic with the DD motors on rotaries, Step-Tec spindle is amazing. I'd quote this machine out to at least see what the price for a 60 tool, TSC, 7 pallet machine costs. Its not a fancy machine but for the price I paid it quickly pays for itself. Neither Grob nor Hermle is in our country and I doubt we have enough margin in our current parts to swing a machine like that, but if I could I would!
the mill e500 with probing, tsc, 60 tools, 5axis sim, is 340k (euro). Most expensive option.
Adding the pallet system is only 45-55k option though.
But imho the price for this machine is on the high side compared to others. And I don't see why I would want to pay more for a mill e.

I work with a Mill E 700U they bought brand new 6months ago, been running tool steel with it. 20k spindle
60 tools, and pallet pool.

Its been amazing so far, accuracy is good, surface finish in molds with 5axis good.
Some vibrations occurs along Y axis when roughing too tough but compare to a DMU95 monoblock with 40 taper Mikron is almost same (sorry dmu fan boys)
i have ran variaxis500 and vtc800 previosly and same problems occur there. just a 5axis thing to be honest.

Negative is as stated before the slow magasine..ZzzZ

Compare to a DMU50's here (here is 3 gen3 machines)
Mikron is heaps better, stability and accuracy is much better.
DMU50 ok for alu and soft steels.

Mikron can easily push a 40mm U drill in toolsteel.

But cant say how much of the accuracy is left after couple of years tough running.
It does alot hi-feed milling too.

Back