What's new
What's new

510C Nexus, closed start and end causing tool interference alarm.

Higgins909

Aluminum
I really don't know much about programming Mazatrol. It's a 510C mill, with the Nexus controller. I'm trying to cut some jaws. Unit 4 used to be a Slot unit, but I changed that for a Line Center. But when I do this, I want to do a closed start and end, otherwise it will overcut. It doesn't really matter for this particular cut, but its just annoying, not knowing when I've had this problem before. The slot did work, but needed to change it and this seemed easier. (I failed to cut them properly using slot)
Unit 5 and 6 used to be open start and end as well. I just changed them all before leaving work, hoping I could get some help here or figure it out tomorrow. I do know when I switch it back and forth from closed and open that it changes the approach XY from a diamond to yellow auto numbers. It has no problem working if I set them to open.

...Maybe my problem is that I set them to open before moving downwards and am missing the proper code.

Mazak Troubleshooting 1.jpg
Mazak Troubleshooting 2.jpg

Thanks,
Higgins909

I believe your problem is one that could be solved with the TPC. (Temporary Parameter Change).
Closed may make you think it will just start at the exact point you program it to but it actually will offset the radius + a parameter setting that by default is 0.12 I believe. This would make your tool approach at .01 and end at -.01 thus it faulting out since it is starting past it's calculated end. If this is how you actually want it then I would go into the TPC and adjust the clearance value for a closed Start/End. However, I think you maybe should spend a bit of time with a programming manual and learn the purpose of each unit. A slot unit will start and end where you tell it but make a full radius feature. So if you program a 1/4" slot from -.5 to +.5 you will have a full width slot 1" long but end to end will be 1-1/4. I would also get rid of all those extra 0s you have in unit 5 after the X and Y data. If the book isn't your thing then at lest pay close attention to what the machine is asking at any given moment. Should be in the bottom right corner as you program. It's called conversational for a reason. It's asking questions, you're giving answers. "conversation"

Back