What's new
What's new

60's model 10EE knob and handle plating

rcn11thacr - wow - those are stunning in their own right.​

Love the creativity - and outcome.
Thanks for sharing.

Like the rest of us (and after reading your many comments) you don’t open your wallet wide, without a good reason
Well said.

I had a closer look at my most used - the forward reverse lever.
The satin is completely worn off.
The lever is chrome - and there is clearly some underlying copper.
This supports the idea that they used copper underlayment, then chromed, prior to giving a final treatment to create the satin.

The powder coating you used gave it's own very nice results.
Will take that onboard as I consider what my final solution will be.

If you’re looking into the idea of power coating, you should also consider Cerakote as an option. No chemicals will harm cerakote. I didn’t use it in this situation but that’s because it’s on an old mill that I was not restoring. I just needed to be able to see the numbers better. That’s why I highlighted the numbers like I did. I can see a mile away, but up close not so much anymore.

Stumbled into a NOS monarch cross feed dial that I might be persuaded to sell if interested. I actually peeled the wax off it to see what it was. Mine is great shape so I don’t really need it.

GT6 - hope this falls within the PM statute of limitations on responses.. 🙂
Im happy enough with my dial - pimples and all - as it seams to operate well still.
Appreciate the offer - and if I find differently when I go to clean/restore the apron and X-feed, I'll PM you. TKS!

Back