What's new
What's new

8020 Principle

I'm not going to wish it on anyone, but I will be right up front laughing when that top customer [then] goes elsewhere.
roflmao.gif

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Corporations don't wobble over a few bucks. They like quality, consistency, stability of prices and prompt service, and to be sure that you understand fully...QUALITY parts/tools that are packaged perfectly.

Corporations don't wobble over a few bucks. They like quality, consistency, stability of prices and prompt service, and to be sure that you understand fully...QUALITY parts/tools that are packaged perfectly.

Have to accept your experience but have seen a couple of large operatiins that jumped through all the hoops but ultimately fell victim to price demands.

Have to accept your experience but have seen a couple of large operatiins that jumped through all the hoops but ultimately fell victim to price demands.

No, and if I did, I would ask them to not waist my time.

If a customers prime concern is cost, as I once said to ITW; have someone make it in China.

No, and if I did, I would ask them to not waist my time.

If a customers prime concern is cost, as I once said to ITW; have someone make it in China.

Actually China or other offshore manufactufers can meet the price point, pack it nice and pretty , and even tie a bow on it. At least if there are no restrictions as to origin or transfer of technology.

Aaah ah yawa em ekat ot gnimoc er'yeht dna
eeeh eeh oh oh aaah ah yawa em ekat ot gnimoc er'yeht
emite eht lla lufituaeb si efil erehw mraf ynnuf eht ot
nem gnuoy ecin esoht ees ot yppah eb ll'I dna
stoac etihw naelc rieht ni …

Can you show an example of what you consider packaged perfectly for one of your customers?

Never use old cardboard boxes, wash your hands before packaging in a new box. If the box weighs over 30 lbs., strap it, if over 50 lbs. make a crate using new wood. Always print the PO# on a large label. Always ship BROWN (UPS) and immediately send the tracking# to your customer.

Actually China or other offshore manufactufers can meet the price point, pack it nice and pretty , and even tie a bow on it. At least if there are no restrictions as to origin or transfer of technology.

We make precision tooling that is labor intensive and it must meet sub .0002" accuracy. You forgot the most important thing, you'll have to figure that out on your own.

We make precision tooling that is labor intensive and it must meet sub .0002" accuracy. You forgot the most important thing, you'll have to figure that out on your own.

"sub .0002" accuracy."

Well I must say only in America can a 20percenter like me post in a forum...and get a response from a TITAN of industry such as yourself. Pretty heady stuff.

"sub .0002 accuracy and you use new cardboard boxes! Pretty fancy!

And here I was thinking of PMing you a RFQ......

Never use old cardboard boxes, wash your hands before packaging in a new box. If the box weighs over 30 lbs., strap it, if over 50 lbs. make a crate using new wood. Always print the PO# on a large label. Always ship BROWN (UPS) and immediately send the tracking# to your customer.

I consider that the minimum effort. Surely there's more to it than that, in order to be called perfect. Can you SHOW what you have done? Just post a shot of the next order going out the door.

And here I was thinking of PMing you a RFQ......

I only have 1 customer and I have only one product. I will have to politely no quote any/all new rfq's from all. I only focus my business on what works for me.

thank you, for considering.

I consider that the minimum effort. Surely there's more to it than that, in order to be called perfect. Can you SHOW what you have done? Just post a shot of the next order going out the door.

There is nothing to show Mud,

I do insist that the contents of the package do not move within the box. Packaging is very important, and we take it quite seriously.

Is that your vise jaws?

Yes Mud,
My Vise jaws are one of my products (ViseCleats), I have a few more but I lump them all together as workholding tools. There are a few of my products that will never be uploaded to my website mainly for security.

Yeah must be somewhat common for a tooling/shop to be sole vendor for a large manufacturer.

Yes standard,
If your quality is very high and continue to improve. You are locked in. You will be buried in work... as long as you live.

Have tham read this.

The exaxt opposite of 80/20

The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business Is Selling Less of More: Anderson, Chris: 9781401309664: Books - Amazon.ca

The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business Is Selling Less of More Paperback – Illustrated, July 8 2008
by Chris Anderson (Author)

Product details

ASIN ‏ : ‎ 1401309666
Publisher ‏ : ‎ Hachette Books; Revised edition (July 8 2008)
Language ‏ : ‎ English
Paperback ‏ : ‎ 288 pages
ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 9781401309664
ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1401309664

Have tham read this.

The exaxt opposite of 80/20

The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business Is Selling Less of More: Anderson, Chris: 9781401309664: Books - Amazon.ca

The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business Is Selling Less of More Paperback – Illustrated, July 8 2008
by Chris Anderson (Author)

Product details

ASIN ‏ : ‎ 1401309666
Publisher ‏ : ‎ Hachette Books; Revised edition (July 8 2008)
Language ‏ : ‎ English
Paperback ‏ : ‎ 288 pages
ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 9781401309664
ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1401309664

You can't even write a simple sentence and you want us to buy your suggested book?

Back