What's new
What's new

9A mounting to bench

One thing I noticed when I fired it up to verify the pulley location and alignment - it was noticeably quieter.

The top of this bench is substantially heavier than the prior bench.

I might notice more noise when I add the toolboxes, but I picked up some sound-deadening material from a local car audio installation shop to deaden the large flat surfaces of the toolbox and drawers.

Steve

Ya could move the counter shaft closer to the lathe & have the belt shortened . OR ya can also shorten the movement of the counter shaft & make a shorter rod for the lever that locks the counter shaft in place if the motor isn't in the way . & get the belt shortened .
animal

most important thing in mounting to a bench is to not introduce stress into your ways, use a machinist level and shim under mounts (feet). Once your ways are wonky you won't like the results...
tapers, chatter, repeatability, somebody may have already posted this, if they did well ignore this.

most important thing in mounting to a bench is to not introduce stress into your ways, use a machinist level and shim under mounts (feet). Once your ways are wonky you won't like the results...
tapers, chatter, repeatability, somebody may have already posted this, if they did well ignore this.
Yes, I plan to do a complete leveling of the lathe. Have a bunch of shim stock waiting for the time to finish.

Steve

Back