What's new
What's new

9X19 LUGER D-BIT CHAMBER REAMER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but every translation comes out wrong. correction: "misspelled: I meant that I don't know any operation that I can't do on a lathe or milling machine"

That's funny, because you had to ask, about how to make a simple D-bit reamer, so maybe not as knowledgeable as you thought!

Seems to me a person of your claimed experience, should have no trouble making a proper Chambering Reamer, too! Either from scratch, or by modifying a standard reamer.

Except, you threw a temper tantrum, when you were handed all the information you needed, that your 'vast experience' should have understood to be relevant to your inquiry.

I have no experience with D drills/Reamers but do understand the concept and have Tc grinders that could make them from scratch in tool steel or carbide.

But I really don't think I would want/trust such a cutter, likely +- .001 would still
work.. but that would be too chancy for any of my guns.

Usually, a reamer that I OD cuts .0002 larger than my micrometer size.
With back grinding the Od perhaps .00015
For closer one can shorten the reamer length into the back taper or diamond lap the od.

It would seem that just the heat using a D reamer would have you guessing a couple of tenths.

Last edited:
I have no experience with D drills/Reamers but do understand the concept and have Tc grinders that could make them from scratch in tool steel or carbide.

But I really don't think I would want/trust such a cutter, likely +- .001 would still

For closer one can shorten the reamer length into the back taper or diamond lap the od.

It would seem that just the heat using a D reamer would have you guessing a couple of tenths.
You start comparing chamber min-max dimensions, and cartridge min-max dimensions, and you pretty soon see that there is a lot more tolerance there to play with if need be.
Given the apparent goals of the OP, he could likely do as well buying a 9mm drill bit at the hardware store, and using that.

... he could likely do as well buying a 9mm drill bit ...

He would need a 10mm drill to chamber a cartridge. And that would probably work assuming he won't be reloading.

Isso é engraçado, porque você teve que perguntar sobre como fazer um alargador simples de D-bit, então talvez não seja tão experiente quanto você pensava!

Parece-me que uma pessoa com a sua experiência alegada não deve ter problemas para fazer um alargador de câmara adequado também! Seja do zero ou modificando um alargador padrão.

Exceto que você teve um acesso de raiva, quando recebeu todas as informações de que precisava, que sua 'vasta experiência' deveria ter entendido ser relevante para sua investigação.
cara, eu tenho uma vasta pesquisa de alargadores de câmara e brocas. Arquivos cad, desenhos técnicos e manuais de renomados armeiros. Eu estava apenas tentando ouvir sobre as experiências de outras pessoas sobre o tópico.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220717-202132_ES File Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220717-202132_ES File Explorer.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20220717-202128_ES File Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220717-202128_ES File Explorer.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20220717-202122_ES File Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220717-202122_ES File Explorer.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 8
and also CAD files of chamber reamers, from .223 to .50 Browning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220717-202726_ES File Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220717-202726_ES File Explorer.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 3
Isso é engraçado, porque você teve que perguntar sobre como fazer um alargador simples de D-bit, então talvez não seja tão experiente quanto você pensava!

Parece-me que uma pessoa com a sua experiência alegada não deve ter problemas para fazer um alargador de câmara adequado também! Seja do zero ou modificando um alargador padrão.

Exceto que você teve um acesso de raiva, quando recebeu todas as informações de que precisava, que sua 'vasta experiência' deveria ter entendido ser relevante para sua investigação.

and if anyone wants some kind of reamer cad file so they can run it on a cnc and just ask

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220717-204811_eDrawings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220717-204811_eDrawings.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20220717-204620_eDrawings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220717-204620_eDrawings.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 8
So. Why did you have to ask such elementary questions, again?

Your biggest talent so far, has been Parroting the info spoon fed to you. Sadly, you have no idea which of that info, is worth following.

So far you come off as if you are 15 years old, rather than as if you had 25 years of machining experience!

Last edited:

You could however make an undersize reamer and then finish to final size using a series of brass laps and abrasive compound.

Part of the trick when using a D reamer is to cut close to final dimensions and then let things cool before finish cutting.

... he could likely do as well buying a 9mm drill bit ...

He would need a 10mm drill to chamber a cartridge. And that would probably work assuming he won't be reloading.

Given the apparent skills and knowledge of the OP, I'd suggest that he'll wallow out the hole, and it'll work.
You could however make an undersize reamer and then finish to final size using a series of brass laps and abrasive compound.

Part of the trick when using a D reamer is to cut close to final dimensions and then let things cool before finish cutting.
The other part of a D-bit reamer, is that you do not accept the results until you have tested them in the same circumstances that they are expected to perform in.

The OP has claimed a LOT of experience, yet asks questions that a idiot child should be able to answer.

He posts screen shots showing that he has a vast library at his disposal, yet has no understanding of what those documents should be showing him.

At some point, I gotta figure, he is either lying about his experience level, or about his age and intentions! In either of the latter cases, I do not feel that it is a disservice to this community to be calling bullsheet on his claims!

In my honest opinion, I figure no person with a claimed 25 years experience machining, should have to even ask for info as basic as this clown seems to want spoon fed to him.

Given the apparent skills and knowledge of the OP, I'd suggest that he'll wallow out the hole, and it'll work.

The other part of a D-bit reamer, is that you do not accept the results until you have tested them in the same circumstances that they are expected to perform in.

The OP has claimed a LOT of experience, yet asks questions that a idiot child should be able to answer.

He posts screen shots showing that he has a vast library at his disposal, yet has no understanding of what those documents should be showing him.

At some point, I gotta figure, he is either lying about his experience level, or about his age and intentions! In either of the latter cases, I do not feel that it is a disservice to this community to be calling bullsheet on his claims!

In my honest opinion, I figure no person with a claimed 25 years experience machining, should have to even ask for info as basic as this clown seems to want spoon fed to him.
Agree. Posting CAD drawings that may have been gleaned form web sources isn't proof of technical skill using actual tools and materials.

Agree. Posting CAD drawings that may have been gleaned form web sources isn't proof of technical skill using actual tools and materials.
Yeah, you see through that too, eh?

With all that information at his disposal, he should not have had to ask the questions he did, if he actually had any experience. Even WITH the disadvantage of having to run terms and phrases through a Translator app.

A D-bit is not all that complicated to make well, and a crappy one would suffice for the needs as per his other posts. Posting a collection of Data that he does not, apparently, understand any of, just further reinforces my opinion that the OP is more a liability than a asset to this website.

Gotta admit, i laughed, when he posted pictures of the "Reamer CAD Files" that he collected, when the 3D renders of same, do not look even a little bit like the cartridges they claim to be for!

Maybe in the Portuguese speaking world, they have far more lax standards to be a machinist, or maybe, we are being fed a line of poo, as far as experience levels go!

I tend to think that the situation, is the latter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back