What's new
What's new

A new inflation reading shows the small business tipping point has been reached

Status
Not open for further replies.

standardparts

Diamond

Think Democrats in New York might be ahead supporting their leadership.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul, a law and order Democrat, who ousted Coumo under allegations of wrong doing appoints new Lt. Governor who resigns after getting arrested.....

"Nobody in modern New York history has been more vocal a champion of the often-obscure office of lieutenant governor than Kathy Hochul",,,,,,"Sen. Brian Benjamin — has been indicted in an alleged bribery scheme. On Tuesday, he was arrested and arraigned in federal court in Manhattan."

Not like Ms. Owens got indicted or arrested.

No need for link....it's all over even the mainstream media.

Scottl

Diamond

That lawsuit, which strongly appears to be largely a political theater stunt, seems to be throwing a very broad net and may have their suit narrowed by the courts. While it appears that those directly involved with the company may have liability for their actions, naming Candace Owens as a co-defendant might be a stretch and a politically motivated one at that. It all depends on whether she was simply an enthusiastic fan or one who directly profited by the alleged "pump and dump" scheme. It's entirely possible her enthusiasm was based on the "Let's Go Brandon" theme of the coins rather than any monetary considerations.

Of course as we both know Jim-boy she IS guilty of being an uppity "Shvaaatza" who tries to think for herself instead of letting others "represent" her and other blacks.

Big B

Diamond
Rather than jumping to conclusions and insulting him, why not provide a diatribe of your thoughts and opinions on such matters?

Wise men analyze; foolish men formulate conclusions based upon their own fallacies.

Wise men counter ignorance with knowledge; foolish men form ignorance into a shield against knowledge.

Which kind of man will you be today?

I've written hundreds of diatribes here explaining my position on don the con and his "supporters" but it seems to go pretty much unnoticed. I have yet to see Biden salute a North Korean military general. I did however see trump salute a North Korean General. And get "love letters" from the North Korean dictator like trump did.

Big B

Diamond

They're dumber than a single rock or a dump truck load of rocks. BTW, thanks for picking up the slack while I was on DLO.

This is the first I've heard of the digital currency called "lets go brandon". "How much for the car? How about $500 or 100 trillion lets go brandon's."

Just when I think I've seen the depths of stupidity, the other side raises the bar.

Note to moderators: The last line wasn't directed at our members specifically but is a general comment that is directed at all of the trump "supporters".

CarbideBob

Diamond
It is the cure to inflation that worries me now.
Seems history shows the only way out is to stop people from spending, raise interest rates, and raise unemployment levels.
All this hits the little guy hard.
When I bought my first house mortgage rates were 12-18 percent, job losses were huge but it sure stopped the runaway inflation.

Like or hate any politician or party I do not think they have much control over this.
They all just use it as talking points to rally support or blame the other guy. This is politics and works to stay in power or toss the other guy to the curb and they know it.
IMO this talk is all bullshit that many want to eat.

If you were paying you employees 9 dollars per hour but due to a labor shortage you now pay 15 will you have to raise prices for your product to stay afloat selling hamburgers?
If people are buying houses at a crazy rate do you get offers above the ask price? SOP once was offer 10 percent under ask.... Not now.
Bob

SteelrFn

Stainless
So is there a reason I cant look at the comments on page 44? Every time I click it, it takes me to 37

Trueturning

Diamond
They're dumber than a single rock or a dump truck load of rocks. BTW, thanks for picking up the slack while I was on DLO.

This is the first I've heard of the digital currency called "lets go brandon". "How much for the car? How about $500 or 100 trillion lets go brandon's."

Just when I think I've seen the depths of stupidity, the other side raises the bar.

Note to moderators: The last line wasn't directed at our members specifically but is a general comment that is directed at all of the trump "supporters".

“ Note to moderators: The last line wasn't directed at our members specifically but is a general comment that is directed at all of the trump "supporters".”

I think that is interesting placing a disclaimer at the end. I think this could be a trend.

SeymourDumore

Diamond
No, part of what you have posted is bullshit!

That part about them being free to join NATO is pure fabrication. Over a decade ago I watched a debate on CSPAN where Russia experts warned that the expansion of NATO to Russia's former republics might eventually lead to war. And as recently as December of 2021 Putin again warned about the consequences of the west trying to expand NATO into Ukraine and deploying missile systems near the Russian border.

Putin demands NATO not expand into Ukraine, blames US

And now, here we are only months later with Russian troops in Ukraine. It's not as if we weren't warned but the arrogant neo-con "regime changers" weren't satisfied with merely staging a coup to replace the democratically elected Russia-friendly leader with this clown Zelensky, who despite what we are told about the savagery of Russian attacks seems free to not only travel about Ukraine for photo ops but also to travel to other countries to plead his case.

Scott, for the love of God! What has gotten into you lately?

This is the Budapest Memorandum: https://treaties.un.org/doc/Publication/UNTS/Volume 3007/Part/volume-3007-I-52241.pdf
Can't quote from it because it's a scanned-in document, so please, just read it.

And here is the summary of the 1997 NATO-Russia Summit: NATO - Official text: Founding Act on Mutual Relations, Cooperation and Security between NATO and the Russian Federation signed in Paris, France, 27-May.-1997

From which:

• refraining from the threat or use of force against each other as well as against any other state, its sovereignty, territorial integrity or political independence in any manner inconsistent with the United Nations Charter and with the Declaration of Principles Guiding Relations Between Participating States contained in the Helsinki Final Act;
  • respect for sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity of all states and their inherent right to choose the means to ensure their own security, the inviolability of borders and peoples' right of self-determination as enshrined in the Helsinki Final Act and other OSCE documents;

Agreed to and signed by all parties, including Russia.
Of course, back then Putin was just an up and coming thug in St. Petersburg, so he had no hand in that signing.

Where exactly do you guys get these dumbass conspiracy ideas from?
NATO does not expand on it's own! Membership must be requested by each individual state, and then certain criterias must be met by said state. and then and only then is an acceptance granted or refused.
As far as Ukraine and it's NATO membership...
Up-until 2013, Ukraine very much wanted to be part of the EU, but the people overwhelmingly ( like 80% by some estimates ) were against NATO membership!
Not until Putin sliced off Crimea the very next year did they change their tune and considered that a NATO alliance might be in their best interest if they wanted to keep the rest of their country!

And to the other point of a coup by the West ...
You may not like to hear this, but Viktor Yanukovych WAS NOT!!! a Putin ally when he got elected!
In fact he got elected because he promised to take Ukraine out of the shithole situation it was in by looking towards the West and rely less and less on Russia.
Problem was that the country was in such a deep shit that no amount of European loans were enough to get it back on it's feet.
By 2010 the IMF put such restrictions on further loans that the government at the time could not accept it as that would have led to a complete collapse.
At the same time Russia had no such problems in granting money to Ukraine, all they asked was loyalty to Russia.
They also showed Ukraine that they do mean business and in 2012 effectively shut down the exports from Ukraine to Russia, which led to a 25%-is decline in Ukraine's GDP.
This ( and a few other insolveable issues ) led to the eventual decision by Yanukovych at the end of 2013 to tell the EU that he no longer seeks entrance into the alliance.
The nation got pissed off and booted the cheating, lying thief out of Kyiv.
And you know the rest of the story ... ( or, of course feel free to make up some utter bullshit on your own )

Scottl

Diamond
Seymour,

That 1997 treaty was signed by Boris Yeltsin, the drunken western sycophant who not only sold Russia out internationally but nearly destroyed it internally, leading to the widespread unhappiness that brought Putin to power.

Expecting Putin to honor that, especially in light of western machinations against Russia in the years since, is as ridiculous as expecting Trump to have kept the ruinous Montreal Protocols signed by Obama.

After the drunken fool was replaced, Russia began to reassert it's rights to self determination rather than be bossed about by the UN and NATO. And Ukraine was well aware of the changed reality in the 25 years since the ruinous drunk sold out his nation by signing that treaty - which the west never intended to honor, as they have proved again and again by waging proxy wars against Russia.

And that U.S./NATO backed coup that brought the clown Zelensky to power in Ukraine was Conspiracy Reality, not the "conspiracy theories" you lefties love to prattle on about. His predecessor had been democratically elected, which proved yet again the hypocrisy of those who go on endlessly about "democracy" yet refuse to honor it when it works for the other guy. Remember all the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth when Hamas won the elections we insisted on in the Palestinian territories instead of the favored to win artificially created Palestinian Authority?

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Seymour,

... you lefties love to prattle on about ...

Now I am absolutely SURE you're smoking something!!!

Perhaps you should lay off Alex Jones for a while 'cos you're really making us look bad with posts like that!

What coup brought Zelensky to power?
His predecessor was democratically elected! In 2014!
Predecessor of his was also democratically elected in 2010. Then he fucked it up by stealing and not living up to his promises!
Of course, the EU is also to blame for dangling the carrot in front of Ukraine's nose and not backing it up with real help, but to blame the US and NATO for
the change in 2014 is just as retarded as some of the TDS syndrome some people on PM suffer from!

barbter

Diamond
Now I am absolutely SURE you're smoking something!!!

Perhaps you should lay off Alex Jones for a while 'cos you're really making us look bad with posts like that!

Predecessor of his was also democratically elected in 2010. Then he fucked it up by stealing and not living up to his promises!
Of course, the EU is also to blame for dangling the carrot in front of Ukraine's nose and not backing it up with real help, but to blame the US and NATO for
the change in 2014 is just as retarded as some of the TDS syndrome some people on PM suffer from!

There's a clip around of Soros saying he was responsible for the Ukraine "peoples revolution"....and another saying how he owns Poland and China (and other ex-USSR countries)....

Edit:- Obviously when he says "owns", he's referring to having control of the ones at the top and the financials

SeymourDumore

Diamond
There's a clip around of Soros saying he was responsible for the Ukraine "peoples revolution"....and another saying how he owns Poland and China (and other ex-USSR countries)....

Come on Man!
I am not saying the West has all but clean hands, but when it comes to revolutions, let's not put George Soros on the same level of leadership as Lenin, Mao or the other despots!

It is pretty fucking clear that Ukraine has been in the same shitty situation ever since it's independence in 1991.
Government after government after government, all failed to lift the country up, while all other former allies ( Bulgaria excluded ) managed to.
Even all the Baltic states formally part of the Soviet did exceptionally well.
Just how long before people look all around them to see that they are still lower than dirt compared to everyone else and get up to say: Enough!

Our 1956 is now Ukraine's 2013, and they are fighting the very same vermin we did.
I just hope that they come out better than we did!

Freedommachine

Hot Rolled

Is it possible that through advertisement, media, celebrity endorsement, or other means of psychological influence; a people can be influenced to vote a certain way?

Is it possible that the slim group of candidates chosen for the vote only allowed to run because they received blessing from an outside force?

The answer is yes... Because that is what democracy is about. Now, if those who are trying to influence government are citizens of that nation? All is fair. When the UNITED STATES™ begins sending "advisors" and NGO's into your country to do these things...well, that's a different story.

If he was doing as he was told, his transgressions would have never been highlighted. Of course the media portray it as a righteous proof that democracy punishes evil lol.

Would things have played out exactly as they did without US influence? If the answer is no then they are guilty.

https://www.cato.org/commentary/americas-ukraine-hypocrisy

Have you heard of 5th generation warfare Mr Dumore?

SeymourDumore

Diamond
If he was doing as he was told, his transgressions would have never been highlighted. Of course the media portray it as a righteous proof that democracy punishes evil lol.

Not entirely sure what you're trying to get at by saying " doing as he was told", but he was told to not proceed with the EU acceptance by his oligarch puppeteer from the east.
Then he was shown the error of his ways by Russia's export embargo in 2012.

That was Russia's doing.

Would things have played out exactly as they did without US influence? If the answer is no then they are guilty.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

That was the US's doing.

So would you agree that Russia had a major ( if not primary ) hand in leading up to the events in 2013, while the US ( and the EU to some extent ) had a hand in the outcome?

If you do agree, then where are we?
You think Russia has the right to go completely unchecked, free to do whatever Vladimir dreams up?
When should the West have the right to pipe up? There was silence after Georgia, you think it should be silence regarding Ukraine as well?
How about after Latvia? Lithuania? Estonia? Moldova?

You share Scott's assertion that Putin has a god given right to ignore and trample the agreements his drunken predecessor made back in 1994 and once again in 1997?
How about if NATO did the same thing and populated every single mile of it's eastern borders with nuclear weapons and fully equipped battle ready battalions?

Status
Not open for further replies.