What's new
What's new

Achy Body

Did I say Rhumatoid arthritis, get a check, Standing ( I got lessons!) there’s a way to stand, heel weight couple mins ( tense calf) toe weight couple mins (relax calf) you can do static standing for about 6 hrs, taught by a guard of the queens own household cavalry btw!
Pushes blood up your legs as the calf muscles pump when in use,lean to toes, then heel.
Right foot then left foot your torso kind of precession in an orbit ( tiny)
Tight fingerless gloves, there are no muscles in fingers they live in the forearm so sports or elastic bandage
Just suggestions
Mark

I quit earlier this week. I had gotten a really bad headache that made me dizzy to the point that I almost fainted. I was tempted to tell them that the coolant haze and lack of ventilation was an issue but it didn’t seem like the kind of shop that would fix it. Other people there have dealt with it and one person I asked said that she had gotten headaches sometimes but brushed it off. I’m not sure if it’s an OSHA violation or not but I’m glad I’m out and able to breathe clearly again.

As far as pain, I reached out to a physical therapist who is going to help me in one session. The compression gloves with cut off finger tips is a good idea.

Wearing a mask that actually eliminates coolant mist sucks.
Used air/dust collectors can be found for not much cost. Heck even a fan from behind works.

Have you tried to push just gently. Any difference in the parts?
You are hitting with a mallet/deadblow afterwards? For sure light loading force or why the hammer.

I'll tell people to load the insert firmly into the pocket before grinding and some end up with bleeding fingertips.
"No- no , not that firmly, just seat it. Use the feedback in your fingers and feel it. Do not force it"

Robots suck at such part loading as they have no "feel" for seated.
You may be trying too hard.
Unsure what approach to take with the boss as there are all kinds. You sure sound like someone who wants to get the job done right.
Bob

I have a saying “Ergonomics before Automation”. A lot of jobs can’t be automated, yet. However many jobs can be made better. One example, ladies planting flower bulbs taking them from a wooden box by their side turning and reaching over a conveyor to place them in a pot. I convinced the owner to let me rearrange the line. I put the wooden box on a platform over the conveyor so the bulbs rolled down to the pot whose edge was close to the box. A quick 3” motion was all that was needed. Heres the good part. The owner was thrilled they were going twice as fast. The ladies were thrilled the exercise class was canceled!

I saw an older lady bent over putting fertilizer in field mum pots. Next morning I gave her a long handled spoon I made and a hook to hang the bucket close to the ground. The owner saw what I had done and said it was nice of me but she has done this for years. Next morning she shows up with two homemade apple pies and says “This is the first time I’ve ever done this job without my back killing me!”

Repetitive motion injury with one arm is my latest.

My dream is to ditch the Epsom Salt and hot water tray.
Then dig a six foot square ditch in front of the TV. Make it three feet deep and line it with tile.
Fill with water and ahhhhhhh. Grapes fed to me by a few beauties wouldn't hurt.
End of dream.

Back