What's new
What's new

Acquired Hardinge DV59. Have electrical questions...

SteveLynch

Plastic
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster here. I finally got My paws on a Hardinge lathe, and paid next to nothing for it. I’m looking forward to restoring it to it’s original glory

I have every bit of paperwork from it from original receipt to maintenance records. That being said, it’s sat for many years in an abandoned workshop, that started caving in as the structure decayed. I removed the squirrel’s nest from it, and have slowly been cleaning/polishing/lubricating every moving part. The guy I bought it from, said it can run on 220 or 440. He gave me a phase converter setup, but it’s pretty much worthless. I have a Phase perfect, and plenty of overhead, but I only have 220/380v. I guess what I’m wondering, is this: can it be run on 3 phase 220?

If not, I have a 2 HP 220 3 phase motor hanging around. It appears that that is the only part actually using that voltage. I’m going to post a few pix.

If any of you can make heads or tails of this, you’ll be my hero!

I’ve read many posts, and I know at least a few people here own one. Would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction??

Thanks all!

Back