What's new
What's new

Acroloc 1000 M15L (Fanuc 11m) Parameters

3dx

Plastic
I have made several new technician mistakes, so please be kind.

Running Acroloc 1000/11MA, followed reset procedure for Fanuc 10/11 parameters, and loaded the shop's copy of last known "working" parameters.

Learning the hard way (did not punch out the previous parameters); PC510 MIC type mismatch, PC500 watchdog alarm, and hard overtravel on every axis.

Fanuc service tech stated there is an error somewhere in the 9100-9131 binary to hex values, OP inputs when resetting the machine. I did not write down PMC Parameters (Counter/Keep Relay/Timers) as I did not see values before resetting machine (I'm unfamiliar with Fanuc11 control, not understanding there were sparse values further into menus)

My saving grace, the owner knows a shop still running a '85 Acroloc. He was kind enough to share his 9100 parameters, but the NC/PC button = no response. Fanuc service tech stated NC/PC button takes you to Keep Relay, Counters, Timers screen , but neither our machine or the other Acroloc are able to navigate to the menu.

If anyone can shed light on navigating this issue, it's greatly appreciated. I did find tape with original parameters on it, but pending purchasing a tape reader, I am still without PMC parameters (I know I'm SOL, but I'm hoping someone can prevent me from permanently keeping this a paperweight)

Thank you.

DouglasJRizzo

Titanium
I have made several new technician mistakes, so please be kind.

Running Acroloc 1000/11MA, followed reset procedure for Fanuc 10/11 parameters, and loaded the shop's copy of last known "working" parameters.

Learning the hard way (did not punch out the previous parameters); PC510 MIC type mismatch, PC500 watchdog alarm, and hard overtravel on every axis.

Fanuc service tech stated there is an error somewhere in the 9100-9131 binary to hex values, OP inputs when resetting the machine. I did not write down PMC Parameters (Counter/Keep Relay/Timers) as I did not see values before resetting machine (I'm unfamiliar with Fanuc11 control, not understanding there were sparse values further into menus)

My saving grace, the owner knows a shop still running a '85 Acroloc. He was kind enough to share his 9100 parameters, but the NC/PC button = no response. Fanuc service tech stated NC/PC button takes you to Keep Relay, Counters, Timers screen , but neither our machine or the other Acroloc are able to navigate to the menu.

If anyone can shed light on navigating this issue, it's greatly appreciated. I did find tape with original parameters on it, but pending purchasing a tape reader, I am still without PMC parameters (I know I'm SOL, but I'm hoping someone can prevent me from permanently keeping this a paperweight)

Thank you.

I have a TriMac with a Fanuc System 11MA. I could make a copy of the PC side of things. It'd be a start. Do you have docs?

3dx

Plastic
Check with Chris Brenner at CNC Pros in Idaho.

Thank you for this!

The owner gave me a big reaction when mentioning this name, Chris used to service this exact machine 30 years ago. He thought Chris retired twenty years ago, now this machine has a chance at life again.

2outof3

Titanium
Thank you for this!

The owner gave me a big reaction when mentioning this name, Chris used to service this exact machine 30 years ago. He thought Chris retired twenty years ago, now this machine has a chance at life again.

And over 30 years ago, I sold the parts for them. Chris and I worked together at Acroloc and at CNC Systems after we started that company.

Bobw

Diamond
And over 30 years ago, I sold the parts for them. Chris and I worked together at Acroloc and at CNC Systems after we started that company.

Guy down the street here worked for Acroloc for quite a long time, way back in the beginning,
then he moved back here and sold Acrolocs and made tool holders for them. I wonder if you
knew him.