What's new
What's new

ActiveReports Questions

MatSpaar

Plastic
Hey machinists,

The company I'm with is looking to update it's set-up sheet procedure, and I've been asked to spearhead that project. Our current system is simply not working because it's too repetitive and requires us programmers to burn a lot of time filling out fields that we don't need to. Were a large operation, with dozens of machines that require constant support from us programmers to fill out these set-up sheets and only 3 programmers. I've been doing some reading, and from what I've seen a lot of people like X+. Unfortunately, it's going to be a hard sell for me to get management to pay for it. So that largely leaves me with ActiveReports.

I've managed to make a good little first attempt for myself so far, but I'm encountering problems that don't seem to have solutions online.
Here is my current issue: 1664917254051.png

I don't need very much, just a single page with the information above, and a simple list of tools (Type, Holder, Insert). It seems like no matter what I do, I can't get the two fields above to populate. Why is that? ActiveReports? Alternatively, if anybody has suggestions on another way I could set this up I would appreciate the input. Also, if anyone knows free/mostly free programs to handle out set-up sheets, feel free to comment.

Do you have an account on eMastercam? That's a really good space to get help for this request. A lot of users have taken to visual basic/active reports since X+ started charging.

I've posted my files on that site that yield a similar setup sheet to X+...took about 10 hours of time to really dial in, if I remember correctly.

If you want to share your report files I can have a look and see why those fields aren't populating. The paths need to be pulled from the correct file (which need to be accessed in a certain order) to populate properly. I haven't done it in a while but probably it's like riding a bike.

Hey Dod.
I've not made one for eMastercam yet, but that is going to change by the time you read this I think. I'd be happy to throw you the files, largely I've been editing the already existing templates for the Lathe sheets in the SST file of Mastercam. Any advice you could give would be extremely helpful.

I designed an ActiveReports Set-up Sheet and brought my template to many shops, it is so user intuitive that it documents every tool path, tool, manual data entry, picture of the part and datums, material size, that also includes macro programming, and it's all in a single click. If it costs you $500 for a design that fits your needs, the ROI is merely days.

I designed an ActiveReports Set-up Sheet and brought my template to many shops, it is so user intuitive that it documents every tool path, tool, manual data entry, picture of the part and datums, material size, that also includes macro programming, and it's all in a single click. If it costs you $500 for a design that fits your needs, the ROI is merely days.

Production Machine Shop F/S

I can't compete with that!

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back