What's new
What's new

Adding EIA to T2 mazatrol

Both the 784-8 and 9 have to have matching software to be compatible. Different versions will not work to my knowledge

You know I don't think that's how it works.
I think the fx784-8 comes populated with solder on eproms that have a base program that runs all the mazatrol versions and the same with the fx784-9 board.

It's not until you install into the sockets the labelled eproms that you get a T2, T2 with EIA, T3, T3 with EIA and so on.

This is my theory.

Are you sure its the FX784-9 and not the FX784-8 that is broken?
The electronic component that are most sensitive for aging is electrolytic capacitors, try to replace them.
As far as I can se on my picture its only 5pcs and the big one that hold parameters during battery change.

I have all the boards from a 2007 Mazak Nexus 250.
Have all the electronics actually. Machine was severely crashed so we scraped it.
No idea if it was EIA capable, never saw the machine powered up.

Would these boards be of use to you?
Would make a good deal on theme, I really don't wanna dick with selling them on Ebay.

Attachments

• cpuboard.jpg
    cpuboard.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 195
I have all the boards from a 2007 Mazak Nexus 250.
Have all the electronics actually. Machine was severely crashed so we scraped it.
No idea if it was EIA capable, never saw the machine powered up.

Would these boards be of use to you?
Would make a good deal on theme, I really don't wanna dick with selling them on Ebay.
It's a whole different generation of controller

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Are you sure its the FX784-9 and not the FX784-8 that is broken?
The electronic component that are most sensitive for aging is electrolytic capacitors, try to replace them.
As far as I can se on my picture its only 5pcs and the big one that hold parameters during battery change.

Fairly sure. I was getting the Japanese fonts coming through as it glitched. The fx784-9 was the board that had a corroded leg on the eprom next to the backup battery. I was able to repair that and the problem it has now sprung up over the next few weeks. I think it's most likely the tantalum caps that have gone bad and I was going to change them but I had a FX884 board, so I popped that in and it worked.

From what I have been told and also tried in the past it is the software version that has to be the same on both boards for the machine to work. Should be a pink sticker on the back which I think is the software version or look at the eproms. I will see if I can find pics of what i'm talking about.

The only thing I've noticed is on the back usually under where the backup battery is mounted is a label like "QT8" or "YT2", "YM2" along with a serial number.
This label (ink stamp) was gone on my FX784-8 so I don't know what that had but I can just make out QT8 on the FX784-9 board.
So I would agree that a YM2 board won't work with a YT2 board but other than that I think there shouldn't be a problem.
But I'd love to know a definitive answer.

As previously mentioned totally different interface. The only way you may get it to work would be to use everything from that machine and retrofit. That would include ALL the electrics, axis and spindle drives motors etc. Big job but would be ok if you have the time and if it was cheap enough

Actually, the only thing I don't have is the A axis servo and the circuit breakers, saved everything else. jus setting on my shelf.
If a decent offer was made I bet boss would say pack the shit up and ship it for the whole lot.

Evan have the chip conveyor..bet he would let go $500 bucks.

My software versions are:

QT10N T2 FX784-8 + FX784-9
MAI1 100:A2
MAI2 110:A2
MCU 520:A3
PCB 200:A
PC 401:D
LAN SWE:A
EIA 130:A

ST30ATC m/c T3 FX884
MAI1 101:A3
MAI2 111:A3
MCU 500:A5
PCB 200:A3
PC 404:C
LAN SWE:A
EIA 130:A2
MIL 140:A

GP
does the guy in thread "Mazak QT8" have the machine you been looking for?

I don't know, it does have the red box with EIA/ISO on the screen but I think I've seen that on mine, the software page should tell us.
Benganboll has offered to read his eproms so I've sent a reader to him, just a waiting game now until that arrives.

This is my software page.
IMG_20161231_161901551.jpg

I don't know how the 3 axis software would go with a 2 axis machine. Maybe a ph call to John Hart could help if you get the right person

I have called them about putting EIA on my machine and they said it couldn't be done.:rolleyes5: We'll see about that.

Just to add my parameters book has T2/T3 at the bottom, that's why I wonder if a T3 board would work on a T2 machine as it could just be a matter of turning off the parameters that enable the extra axis. Again another theory.

GP
Did you install the chips . did you get what you wanted .
was wondering if you could tell us your experience .

cheers!

Update on this project:
The eprom reader finally arrived at my place, eprom read and sent to GP Tech who will test when he got the time.

I have done some parameter comparing and the only thing makes sence is that bit 7 at OP12 need to be set to 1 if EIA/ISO chips is installed.

Here is my OP12 parameters:
ST30 ATC T3 (with EIA/ISO) = 0000 0011
QT10N T2 (with EIA/ISO) = 0000 0111
QT10N ATC T3 (without EIA/ISO) = 0000 0101

Update on this project:
The eprom reader finally arrived at my place, eprom read and sent to GP Tech who will test when he got the time.

I have done some parameter comparing and the only thing makes sence is that bit 7 at OP12 need to be set to 1 if EIA/ISO chips is installed.

Just to add to that for confirmation:
QT10N T2 (without EIA/ISO) = 0000 0101

Update on this project:

The new EPROM's are written (Burned, Burnt, whatever sounds right) should get to try them over the weekend.
Thanks to Benganboll for reading his EPROM's, the reader took forever to arrive and I thought it was lost as I received mine in 2 weeks. Gives new meaning to the slow boat from china.
Exciting times, hopefully this works. I see no reason why it won't.

The new EPROM's are written (Burned, Burnt, whatever sounds right) should get to try them over the weekend.
Thanks to Benganboll for reading his EPROM's, the reader took forever to arrive and I thought it was lost as I received mine in 2 weeks. Gives new meaning to the slow boat from china.
Exciting times, hopefully this works. I see no reason why it won't.

Exciting indeed! I'm really hopeful that this will work.

Which EEPROM chips did you purchase? Are those all 27C128?

Back