What's new
What's new

Adding EIA to T2 mazatrol

does anyone else have the 884 board with EIA/ISO chip set? Benganboll hasn't sent me any thing yet and it doesn't look like he has been on here in over two months. I hope everything is alright with him.

Hi I am sorry I have not been here for a while.
Actually I have not been so well but dont want to go into any details.
I sold my ST30ATC and replaced it with a QT10ATC with full C-axis, the ST30ATC did only have 1 degree index C-axis.
But I just checked, it has the F884 so I can read the eproms for you if you still want.
I will send you a mail so you have my contact information.

I sold my ST30ATC and replaced it with a QT10ATC with full C-axis, the ST30ATC did only have 1 degree index C-axis.
But I just checked, it has the F884 so I can read the eproms for you if you still want.

My QT10N has the FX784-8 and FX784-9 boards. Do the number of chipsets dictate how many blocks it will hold? I have EIA, but I’m limited to 500 blocks.

My QT10N has the FX784-8 and FX784-9 boards. Do the number of chipsets dictate how many blocks it will hold? I have EIA, but I’m limited to 500 blocks.
All T-2 and T-3 controls are limited to only 500 blocks of information, unless you had the bubble memory option, which did not add much memory anyway.

All T-2 and T-3 controls are limited to only 500 blocks of information, unless you had the bubble memory option, which did not add much memory anyway.

Philabuster, thanks for the resposne. Does everyone that has added EIA also have DNC? I press the button (F-Key beneath the screen) next to "Tape I/O" and nothing happens. The same is true for the "Bubble Memory" button. I assume DNC and Buble memory are just options I don't have.

If anyone has successfully added DNC capability to a T2 control that didn't have the option, I'd love to know the details. Seems weird to have EIA, but not DNC.

Philabuster, thanks for the resposne. Does everyone that has added EIA also have DNC? I press the button (F-Key beneath the screen) next to "Tape I/O" and nothing happens. The same is true for the "Bubble Memory" button. I assume DNC and Buble memory are just options I don't have.

If anyone has successfully added DNC capability to a T2 control that didn't have the option, I'd love to know the details. Seems weird to have EIA, but not DNC.
I gotta ask, what are you doing that you need EIA capability? If you are just trying to save programs to a computer, the CMT option is what I use.

Congratulations, I don't have a T2 but what you did is really impressive. Thanks for posting for the rest of us!

Sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you are felling and doing much better now. Yes I do still need the the E-proms info. thanks for your time on this.

Back