What's new
What's new

Agie Drill 20 how to load a program from a USB

Slugo

Aluminum
I need to load a program on to an AGIE Drill 20 from a USB. The machine is setup for it I just know nothing about it as I am the milling programmer here. I have EDM background just never an experience with AGIES. What file format do I need? How do I start the transfer? Anything I missed? Thank so much in advance.

precisionmetal

Stainless
It's been many years since I ran one, but I recall that both the Drill 20 and Cut 2000 wire machine accepted ISO files.

I can't remember ever loading a file onto the Drill 20 -- I always just programmed it right at the machine, as I recall.

PM

Tcarroll0310

Plastic
What year is it? We have an Agie Charmilles drill 20 from 2009. Not sure what they have changed since then.

precisionmetal

Stainless
In this video, I believe the second icon across the top (the one that has a green strip on the bottom of the button) will get you into the "Work Preparation" screen, which "should" allow you to import a file (most likely an ISO out of your CAD program).

AgieCharmilles Drill 20 Operation - YouTube

It's been .... uhh... nearly 10 years since I ran a Drill 20, so I'm dredging through cobwebs at this point. I have been looking for a full manual on that machine in my backups, but have yet to find that.

PM