What's new
What's new

Air-Rifle Blueprints

i still say buy a gun and modify it...heres a Crosman G1 xtreme i did. lots of modifications.
easy to work on.
cronies @ 987 FPS.

3rats.jpg

35yards-1.jpg

I agree, at least to start. You can get any number of inexpensive used airguns and do all sort of aesthetic and performance enhancing modifications to them. You'll learn a ton about the designs, etc. Airguns aren't as simple as they seem, in many ways they are more complex than firearms.

I posted about my blog before, but I'll mention it again, where I've been posting all of my latest airgun projects:
http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/

The Crosman 1377 Pistol is a really great place to start.

Nick

i still say buy a gun and modify it...heres a Crosman G1 xtreme i did. lots of modifications.
easy to work on.
cronies @ 987 FPS.

hope i'm not in the wrong ballpark; problem daisy powerline 1000 sb

Hello,
I'm stateing things in reverse.
thanks for the skematic. i've got everyting back together but one item.
I can't make out the placement for the spring in the trigger assembly. Not the
regular round spring
that you don't realy see behind the trigger. But the longer spring with the
straights and other bends. It's the only thing holding me back!:
bawling:

i came across an article on the daisy powerline 1000 sb. i liked it
and i also like the rifle but i've got a few problems with it. i have
already talk to the daisy support people. they were nice enough wanting
me to ship it back and they would fix it. The problem i'm having is that
the spring plunger stop i guess you call it is made from plastic. The
piece right by the safety trigger with the 5/16 dowel pin going through
it. Well it cracked up good! I've only fired it maybe 400 times and the
last 20 or 30 i was wondering whats going on. The screw that holds the
scope stop broke looking closer the plastic end peice was cracked. I
started taking it apart and found the stipper bolt that the barrel
swings on was cracked also. I also have bent .195 dia.x.765 long dowel
pin in the trigger assemble. Because I was impressed by the rifle i
wanted to make the plastic end piece out of aluminum, or cold rolled
steel,thats no problem. But where could i find (stripper) bolt thats
holds the rifle to the air pistion barrle part? Could i get a parts
assemble on it somewhere? I really enjoyed at first! Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Hi all

i am new to this forum, and i must say its very informative. I noticed a lot of you are interested in making PCP air rifles, A mate of mine makes some nice PCP rifles, he makes every part of the rifles, does all the bluing, case hardening, stocks, he even made the stock making machine, if anyones interested his web address is www.isp-airrifles.com . its amazing what can be made in garden sheds!

cheers all

PCP Drawings

Resurrecting an old thread. Does anyone have any drawings for a PCP airgun mechanism. I need to build one to fire BB's at 575-610 fps for calibrating gel blocks for our ballistic test lab. We were using an old modified Crossman air rifle, but it has final broken beyond repair. If I fabricate something it only needs to shoot 3 feet, so accuracy is not important. Consistent velocity is important. We use a Nitrogen tank to power our old gun. As this will be used in a fixed location in a mount, size and weight are not important. I have the old barrel to reuse. The bureaucracy makes it easier to fabricate something, than to try to purchase another airgun to modify.

Compressed nitrogen, Currently running at 1400psi with a modified Crossman CO2 air rifle. Breechloader. We have worn out this gun and want to build a repairable fixed mount gun.

Crosman Custom Shop (Search it) Will sell part by part for every pistol .

I've got a 2300 here on the desk .;-) Might get you around the admin resistance regarding purchase of an entire device.

Also Archerairguns.com for parts.

Sorry, I've no references to detail drawings. But when parts are so inexpensive, it's hard to make drawings. ;-)

Wait wait wait, hold the phone. You're running 1,400 psi nitrogen and only getting 600 FPS with a BB? Are the BBs made of depleted uranium? :D

re-read post 92. There is a regulator in the system.

MilGunsmith isn't a new guy.... ;-)

The old gun was a converted Crossman CO2 BB gun, now long discontinued, that had a lot of plastic parts in it. There was lots of wear and leakage. Looking to build something that will be more reliable and repairable. Portability is not an issue.

re-read post 92. There is a regulator in the system.

MilGunsmith isn't a new guy.... ;-)

Yes, I saw that, but for all l know from that the regulated pressure may have been set to 1,400 psi... Regardless, I was just kidding. Obviously at 1,400 a BB would be hauling some serious ass. Unless maybe it was made of depleted uranium... :D

In all seriousness though, it would probably be pretty simple to make a solenoid fired bench airgun. Similar to a striker fired gun but with a hammer/solenoid fired by a pulse from a capacitor. You could alter the velocity by adjusting voltage to the cap or by changing the pressure at the reg.

Back