What's new
What's new

Alexander Pantographs & Gorton Dbit Grinder

Dsel74

Aluminum
Hi guys,

I’m looking for any info on Alexander 2B & 20B Pantographs and also a Gorton 265-5 Dbit Grinder (single lip grinder.

I’m having trouble finding info specific to these exact machines/models difficult.
The Pantographs should be arriving in my shop tomorrow and i’m Currently cleaning up the grinder.

I do know the Pantographs are based off the Deckel G1L but can’t find info on what differences there are and what is different between the models 2B & 20B. There were also other model designations 2, 2A, etc.

The Gorton 265-5 is a very basic grinder and has nowhere near the functionality of a Deckel SO etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dsel74

Aluminum
Yes I found that manual for the grinder on the Gorton site. I wonder if it is easier to follow if you already know what your doing hahaha

Dsel74

Aluminum
Also the Pantograph arrived yesterday and it turns out I have a 2B and a 2C. Although similar the 2C is a larger capacity machine with different castings but still a 2D machine.

The Gorton grinder needs a 1/4 x24.4” vee belt, no idea where to find that in Australia so I might try some 5mm round poly belt.

Jim Christie

Titanium
I don't know if you have a distributor for Gates Belts in Australia but they make something called Polyflex belts in different widths 3., 5, & 7 MM .

Polyflex(R) Belts | Gates Corporation
Manual can be downloaded I didn't look at it.
If I remember the angle is different than normal V belts so you may need to check your pulleys.
There are various sizes in this link .
Search results for: '7M Polyflex'
Other companies may make a similar product.
I would check with a local supplier and see if they can help you out .
Regards,
Jim