What's new
What's new

Aloris tool post T-nut

thermite

Diamond
I took ~0.01 off the top of the T-nut, made sure the stud is still recessed on the bottom of the T-nut, tightened it with the same ugga duggas and now rock solid. I didn’t measure the clearance, but can see light between the post and T-nut.

I’ll still make a tighter fitting T-nut with gap / round in the corner of the pulling surface when I come across a suitable drop.

Thanks.

Glad that's sorted!

Lessee.. as a "veteran", now, - the baton passes. So your turn in the barrell, next go.

Sort the next four hardheads as show up with sloppy QCTP's @ ten posts each, on average. Got that covered?

Butter and salt, we got a surplus of arredy.

So right about a buck three fifty into the popcorn fund should square it?

:popcorn:

Rob F.

Diamond
"Problem" most likely was your lathe compound is thinner than most, not the aloris. Not a big deal since as you have now learned, that nut should be made to fit on almost any lathe.

Shaun5

Plastic
"Problem" most likely was your lathe compound is thinner than most, not the aloris. Not a big deal since as you have now learned, that nut should be made to fit on almost any lathe.

The compound is ground flat. The Aloris T-nut was finished with a belt sander... The actual Aloris tool holder, holders, and tools are all what you would expect. Aloris packaging for shipping is the absolute best! (This may sound stupid, but I had a USA chuck arrive damaged THREE times because of poor factory packaging)

9EC011E6-A574-481C-A775-EB2D783CFCA1.jpg

eKretz

Diamond; Mod Squad
You can't blame Aloris. Did they have access to your lathe to measure it? How did they get the sizes for the T-nut to machine it? Blame whoever provided the sizes.

dian

Titanium
its pretty weird that one of the youtube gods should mill that t-nut flat like he does. interestingly j.f. midner thought it necessary to grind the hole for the stud to 20.000 mm.