What's new
What's new

Am I not smart?

ttrager

Aluminum
My favorite time was clocking in at a place I worked at many years ago, headed into the bathroom only to see 3 body lice scuttling around on the toilet seat. I took care of that with soap and paper and let the production mgr know.

He had like two spray cans of disinfectant/cleaner in all the stalls within like an hour. lol.

mhajicek

Titanium
The last place I worked that had other machinists, there was at least one that never washed hands after using the bathroom. Funny thing, I was getting sick on a regular basis, at least once a month. Next job, mostly carpet dwellers, I was the only machinist. Stopped getting sick.

Business hygiene matters.

david n

Diamond
A centerless guy, Bill, I used to use had the worst, and I mean the worst, bathroom ever...........Grungy, old, angry, cussin', coppenhagen chewin', Vietnam Vet, SOB(best centerless guy in the state)...................whole shop was covered in grease/dust/swarf sludge. I mean covered. And the floor dry.................piles up 6-8" in some spots...............the sludge on the floor had to be at least 1/2 tobacco spit.(he bought Copey buy the case and 1/4 of a tin was a typical dip). The bathroom...........holy Moses...........if there is a color darker than black, it was the inside of that bathroom. The single 75 watt bulb barely made a dent in that hole................ The first only time I was saw it was when my oldest daughter rode with to pick up parts............she was little, just potty trained and had to go NOW!.............Screamin kid, I opened the bathroom door............. took one look, scooped up my girl ran out front in the street(in the thick of N Minneapolis) and had her do her business right there.............told old Bill, I wouldn't let my dog take a crap in there.............he just chuckled, smiled, and had some smart ass cuss filled comment. I miss really that guy.

CarbideBob

Diamond
Sometimes you can go into a shop and it is all nice and 5S looking.
Go to take a piss and what the heck?
Customers that come will often have drank coffee on the way. Restrooms count perhaps more than the shop floor at these times.
We all poop and pee every day. I do not understand the aversion to cleaning this.

Better yet is a collapsed from the building to the septic or sewer system. Dig it up and obvious and lots of poop and stuff.
Who will go in dig and fix it? For sure I did not want to but once I went in it was interesting which employees would help and which did not.
Bob

wheelieking71

Diamond
All the crap Andy gave me on here through the last couple years for not even having a bathroom.
Last time he visited I learned that like me, his favorite place for relief is the back yard looking up.
Damn hypocrite! (insert pokey-stick here).

CarbideBob

Diamond
It's all yuck but I wonder how many spent their youth shoveling out horse stalls, walking the cow pastures, driving the manure spreader, or moving the outhouse.
That makes you a bit less sensitive to the shit and that it is just part of life.
Some people and my ex-wife clean all the dog poop and put it away somewhere. Not me.
Bob

Garwood

Diamond

Ox

Diamond
It's all yuck but I wonder how many spent their youth shoveling out horse stalls, walking the cow pastures, driving the manure spreader, or moving the outhouse.
That makes you a bit less sensitive to the shit and that it is just part of life.
Some people and my ex-wife clean all the dog poop and put it away somewhere. Not me.
Bob

In re: to my previous post aboot not cleaning the bathroom, it was mostly the sink that was the key concern at that time.
IDK if anyone used the john all that much at that time.
But we did git an ex union toolmaker in a while later that I watched come through the door every morning with a full bread-sack of sammiches.
I was told that he spent his fair share of time in the WC.

Yeah, I did plenty of livestock care in my earlier days.
I train the doggies to go where it doesn't need cleaned up.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

CarbideBob

Diamond
I was told that he spent his fair share of time in the WC.
Ox

Or the guy that takes the newspaper to the WC.
I had to ask my committee man if there was some limit on bathroom breaks. Seems that not in the contract.
I question one women once and she said it takes longer and more often for the girls.
Can not prove it but I think some milk this bathroom break.
OTOH sometimes I sat an just wanted it it all out and not working for what seems forever.
Bob

john.k

Diamond
When I started work as a wee lad in the 60s.there was one language spoken by workers and management......horseracing tips....senior guys would have the form guide folded into a special shape,and disappear into the toilets just before races ,or if making picks often spend an afternoon there....If you couldnt talk racing with some authority,you were nothing......There was one guy on the floor never worked,he took SP bets for the "mob"....and simply disappeared one time....Norman the Doorman was his name,never mentioned after his disappearance.

SIM

Titanium
...just don't get sick or have on one of your machines go down for any length of time.

The worst was after we bought our first CNC turning center, we ate up all our work quick, took in more to keep her busy making awesome parts quick.

The machine went down, part to fix was on backorder in Austria for 2 weeks which turned into 8 with some extra time and customs. We made due trying to make some on the manuals, some others I went to friends shops where they made to our standards...but their time was bad making parts cost me more than I was selling them for. Lousy position, but I had to keep customers happy. I learned from that backup machines and get help.

Good luck!

TeachMePlease

Diamond
I have heard from many a janitor that if used the same amount the women's bathroom is worse than the men's. I find that hard to believe.

I worked for hhgregg for awhile, in the warehouse. Cleaning restrooms was one of my duties.

Believe it.

Women, traditionally take the small, often not fully potty trained children to the restroom with them. The kids make messes. The parents don't feel obligated to clean it up, because it's not their house.

Women have other issues to resolve in the restroom that men do not. That also can be messy, and they often do not care to clean it up.

Women tend to assume that other women have done "the hover", where they don't sit fully on the seat, to avoid any urine that other women have left there, from doing "the hover".... Ironically, if all the women just trusted each other to not pee on the seat, nobody would need to do "the hover", but women can't seem to agree on doing it the logical way.