What's new
What's new

Am I not smart?

When I started work as a wee lad in the 60s.there was one language spoken by workers and management......horseracing tips....senior guys would have the form guide folded into a special shape,and disappear into the toilets just before races ,or if making picks often spend an afternoon there....If you couldnt talk racing with some authority,you were nothing......There was one guy on the floor never worked,he took SP bets for the "mob"....and simply disappeared one time....Norman the Doorman was his name,never mentioned after his disappearance.

...just don't get sick or have on one of your machines go down for any length of time.

The worst was after we bought our first CNC turning center, we ate up all our work quick, took in more to keep her busy making awesome parts quick.

The machine went down, part to fix was on backorder in Austria for 2 weeks which turned into 8 with some extra time and customs. We made due trying to make some on the manuals, some others I went to friends shops where they made to our standards...but their time was bad making parts cost me more than I was selling them for. Lousy position, but I had to keep customers happy. I learned from that backup machines and get help.

Good luck!

I have heard from many a janitor that if used the same amount the women's bathroom is worse than the men's. I find that hard to believe.

I worked for hhgregg for awhile, in the warehouse. Cleaning restrooms was one of my duties.

Believe it.

Women, traditionally take the small, often not fully potty trained children to the restroom with them. The kids make messes. The parents don't feel obligated to clean it up, because it's not their house.

Women have other issues to resolve in the restroom that men do not. That also can be messy, and they often do not care to clean it up.

Women tend to assume that other women have done "the hover", where they don't sit fully on the seat, to avoid any urine that other women have left there, from doing "the hover".... Ironically, if all the women just trusted each other to not pee on the seat, nobody would need to do "the hover", but women can't seem to agree on doing it the logical way.

Back