What's new
What's new

Anilam 3000m 2 axis still viable option

ripperj

Stainless
I’m intending to buy a new knee mill. I had zeroed in on a new Acer 3vs I. I stumbled on a nice used 3vsii machine with 1” ball screws and 2 axis Anilam 3000m for a bit cheaper than a new machine (base machine no DRO or power feeds)

I’m not a CNC guy, but always wanted one to play with, I just do one off parts, but they often have radius corners and pockets etc. seems like this would work well for this. I understand 3-axis would be magnitudes better. The Anilam machine has manual handles.
The 3000 has been around a while, a quick search looks like manuals are still available from Acu-rite, not sure about parts other than ebay.

Mistake to buy older controls? Any downside to stripping the cnc if it craps out and just using as manual? I have not seen the machine in person yet, it may not have dials on “y” axis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I envision using it as a glorified Power feed that can cut arcs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Would never buy a 2 axis. I know people have, but don't do it. Find a way to afford the 3 axis. Better by far if you can squeeze a newer one. be sure it's a name brand, with some sort of warranty and support. Down time, and frustration with stuff that doesn't work kills profit. Don't go there, unless you know for sure that you personally can fix it.

Back