What's new
What's new

Anilam 3300 MK question

Gear Head

Plastic
I need some help doing offsets with this control. The only way I have been able to do multiple parts is to just write out the whole program and offset manually. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,
I new to using a 3300, but if i can remember without doing it, i just go into mill,more,offsets and name the fixture # and xy and then write a subprogram to call from each fixture location. i hope this might help.

[This message has been edited by greatswampa (edited 01-13-2004).]

greatswampa....If I wanted to do six parts in a row would I have to assign six different fixtures or is there a way that I could just offset in my X axis incremental six times?

Thank you

I'm pretty sure that you could run a loop for your subprogram and it would do it also.
I've never done it that way. I'm just learning myself. Do you have a manual? I could scan some of the info on fixture offsets and looping if that might help. Sorry i'm not much help, i'm better at showing than telling how i do it.

I also have a 3300mk the best way is to just call up a different fixture offset for each part. You can do this by making your entire program a sub program and just calling it up after each offset change. If you want to get really fancy you can make each operation with each tool a different sub program and change offsets six times for each tool. Save on tool change time. If you decide to loop a sub program with an incremental offset all moves in the direction of offset must be incremental inside the sub program. Good luck.

Could I get one of you guys to write a sample of what a program with a fixture offset would look like on this machine? I haven't been on that machine since my l started this post. Thank you all for everything so far.

prep blocks
offset 1
call sub 1
offset 2
call sub 1
0ffset 3
call sub 1
end of main program
sub 1
your program
end sub

Thank you guys. I stil can't seem to be able to get it to work though. I tried programming it incremental and doing loops and that worked ok, but it won't do pocket routines that way. I was trying to find a way that I could program absolute and be able to offset pockets and drilling etc. I'm sure I'm just missing something.

Have you tried using the "set Zero" option? After the machine reads the initial fixture offset, you program a move to the "New" starting point,program "set Zero" for "X0,Y0", then the machine will read all following moves from "new" "set zero" location. You could do this as many times as needed. I am using a anilam 5300m, but have used a 3300mk in the past, and believe it should also have the "set zero" option (under Mill, More...). Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by GeneralMach783 (edited 02-27-2004).]

Back