What's new
What's new

Anilam 6000M problem

KaptinAmerika

Plastic
We have a Chevalier 1418 with the Anilam 6000M controller.
This issue just started, and I am stumped as to where to start looking.
I can boot the machine up fine. However, when I pull out the E-Stop the LCD goes dark as if power has been cut to it.
Push the E-Stop back in immediately and the LCD powers back up and everything seems fine.
Pull the E-Stop out and the LCD goes dark again.
While it is dark the LEDs above the "Servo Reset" and "Spindle Off" buttons on the manual panel blink slowly and dimly.
Once in a while right after I pull the E-Stop and the LCD goes blank the LCD will come back on and I can continue with resetting the servos and homing the machine.
Most of the time though the LCD just stays off.
If I leave the LCD off for say a minute or so when I push the E-Stop back in the LCD will come back on but there are corrupted pixels on the LCD and the system is frozen, so I have to reboot the computer.
Occasionally when I pull the E-Stop out and push it back in I will get one of the two following error messages on screen:
"Motion Control Time Out Error....."
"Motor Overload"
I have checked the E-stop voltages e.t.c. and they are all within specifications.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Super weird. If it really has anything to do with the motors that's easy to test though. I would disable every axis i can and see what it does.

I'm not familiar with your particular control but my guess is that the power supply may be failing or there is a short circuit somewhere dragging down the power supply. Do you have an electrical schematic? Can you disconnect the drives and see if it powers up?

RT

sounds like a bad connection on the power feed, as when the supply is E stop, the draw, start as like said above and measure if there is full voltage at the power supply and incoming power.

Hi Folks

Thank you for your responses.
A gentleman from Acu-Rite got back to me, Mario thank you sir for your help, and walked me through a couple of things.
Turned out that the previous owner had the transformer connected incorrectly, 208 instead of 230, so I made those corrections and installed an 8' ground rod at the machine. All the anomalies went away. So now I have all those issues fixed, the mechanical drive replaced with a compact flash card with several backups and the rails and carriages rebuilt and running tight. Next up isa solenoid addition for air blast and I am almost ready to start making chips daily.

We have a Chevalier 1418 with the Anilam 6000M controller.
This issue just started, and I am stumped as to where to start looking.
I can boot the machine up fine. However, when I pull out the E-Stop the LCD goes dark as if power has been cut to it.
Push the E-Stop back in immediately and the LCD powers back up and everything seems fine.
Pull the E-Stop out and the LCD goes dark again.
While it is dark the LEDs above the "Servo Reset" and "Spindle Off" buttons on the manual panel blink slowly and dimly.
Once in a while right after I pull the E-Stop and the LCD goes blank the LCD will come back on and I can continue with resetting the servos and homing the machine.
Most of the time though the LCD just stays off.
If I leave the LCD off for say a minute or so when I push the E-Stop back in the LCD will come back on but there are corrupted pixels on the LCD and the system is frozen, so I have to reboot the computer.
Occasionally when I pull the E-Stop out and push it back in I will get one of the two following error messages on screen:
"Motion Control Time Out Error....."
"Motor Overload"
I have checked the E-stop voltages e.t.c. and they are all within specifications.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
ANILAM 6000M

Well, what a challenge it was fixing the MOTOR OVERLOAD! error message and i thought that i was going to be selling a large 2500kg paperweight. When disabling the motors in turn in the setup page using the constants "Parameters" and changing the motor type to "NONE" DO NOT DISSABLE THE X & Y AXIS otherwise you will be locked out of the setup page and the only way to get back in to that page is to clone the hard drive from a backup which everybody should have. Unless there is some Anilam secret way to get back in to the setup page. Everyone said it was an inverter problem Heidenhain said €2600 to €6000 for fixing it or a new inverter. I nearly had a heart attack.

I pulled apart the inverter after letting it discharge the capacitors. I inspected the circuit boards with a magnifying glass and the only damage on the AC servo motor Axis controller board were two Mosfets, one was definitely damaged as you can see in the photo. I bought 2 new Mosfets for £10 off e bay I could have got them from China for £2.00. They are only about 6mm x 5mm in size.

After replacing the damaged Mosfet chips I put the control box back together and installed it back into the machine. Well at least the lights on the control are all green which was a bonus.

After switching on the machine it was still giving an error of “MOTOR OVERLOAD” With a little help i was able to trace the fault of what the computer thought was a motor overload and stopped the machine going any further. The servos would enable but the motors would not move. It was the auxiliary circuit switch contactor on the side of the coolant pump “MPCB” Motor protection circuit breaker. It was not closing the circuit to feedback to the computer that the coolant pump circuit breaker was closed and it thought it was an open circuit. I removed the switch and found a tiny spring had become dislodged that should hold the rocker contact in position. I re-positioned the spring but damaged the casing of the switch trying to open it up so ordered a new one for £6.00

Its all about knowing the Anilam system and how to interpret the error messages.

I have been using the machine all afternoon and it is behaving itself once again and is now a HAPPY MILL.

Back