What's new
What's new

Antique 16" Metal Shaper For Sale

Mike Powell

Stainless
This is a 16" Smith & Mills metal shaper. It is in very good condition. Last patent date on it is 1893. I believe it was made between 1893 and 1908. Everything works. I just rewired it to run on 220 3 phase. It has a Lima Gear Shift Drive that gives it 4 speeds. Originally it was a line shaft machine. Quite some time ago it was converted to electric motor drive and I have to say, whoever did it did a nice job. It comes with all the tooling shown. The machine is all wired up and it can be seen under power if you wish. I originally purchased the machine with intentions of doing a full restoration and using it. However I simply do not have room or time to finish it. I can have a tractor on hand to load the machine on your truck or trailer. $800.00

Located in East Palestine, OH

I see there is no table support but there are two machined pads on the topside of the base. I wonder if a support could be fabricated and bolted to those pads? I can't buy it; I'm very machine poor but do have a small shaper that I use some and love it.

Oooff...

That shaper is just begging me to drop the motor and string it up to some line shafting. Geography isn't in my favor though. Neither is time and storage space... but those are more relative.

Lovely machine, if only I could find a good deal on shipping to california. All the good machines seem to be in the rust belt, wonder why...

Last edited:
Is it still for sale? Could you tell me the foot print of the shaper? Can you contact me by PM if it's still done? I'm so anxious to speak with you about the shaper I can't get me thoughts straight. I have a 2007 Duramax that I think would carry it but I need to know the approximate weight in case I need to borrow a trailer to get it. I would be coming from Theodore, AL. I've been looking for a while. Thanks Paul Greenlee

Last edited:
This is a 16" Smith & Mills metal shaper. It is in very good condition. Last patent date on it is 1893. I believe it was made between 1893 and 1908. Everything works. I just rewired it to run on 220 3 phase. It has a Lima Gear Shift Drive that gives it 4 speeds. Originally it was a line shaft machine. Quite some time ago it was converted to electric motor drive and I have to say, whoever did it did a nice job. It comes with all the tooling shown. The machine is all wired up and it can be seen under power if you wish. I originally purchased the machine with intentions of doing a full restoration and using it. However I simply do not have room or time to finish it. I can have a tractor on hand to load the machine on your truck or trailer. $800.00

Located in East Palestine, OH

Back