What's new
What's new

Any intrest in dental burrs/explorers?

The shank sizes of dental burs are:
FG (friction grip) that are almost the only type used in your mouth these days, usually with diamond grit or carbide, short 1/16"
RA (right angle) that fit older contra angle handpieces, short 3/32" with a groove and flat for a latch retainer.
HP (hand piece) or Lab type, originally for the ancient belt drive tools of my youth, but still used in dental labs, long 3/32"

Larry

I still have a ~1/4 pound of burrs I was given for the asking, from my dentist. Stuff that was either out of date, out of fashion, or that had been sent to them as samples.

They saved my proverbial arse, many times, cutting out broken taps from airplane parts.

Ask your dentist, next time you see him!

A 60K RPM pencil grinder, is "almost" as good as an actual dental hand piece!

OK,

I have had contact with several folks via PM.

The initial response was for a couple of this or that. I am sorry that will not work for me as it is far more time and effort than I can devote to this. I am sorting through hundreds of instruments.

The shipping on these will be via USPS flat rate eps that are 10.60 rounded to 11.00 that is for one or 20 or so. To make this worth while for both me and the buyers let's say that a minimum order is 20.00 plus shipping.

The picks mentioned in the first post are and will be 3.00 each. The other instruments will vary in price from 5.00 to 10.00 each. These are all new medical grade instruments. These are not blems or seconds, most are US made, some German and English. Several of these instruments the USDOD paid in excess of 50.00 each over 20 years ago. These were bought in lots of medical supplies from DOD sales.

I am still sifting through the mass of instruments, the burrs are fewer than I expected and most are very small .060 or just under 1/16th shank. I have a few packs of .090 or 3/32 shank burrs. Pics of these will follow and the price per pack will be, 3.00 for small pack(5-each) 5.00 for large burrs and, 5.00 for double packs 10 each of the small burrs.

There are several types of picks, curretts or edged tools, probes, scrapers and, prying tools. Most of these will be ideal for seal and O-ring work, several pry type tools will be handy for trim work and small assembly repair. I also have several types of forceps AKA tweezers from micro to large dressing forceps.

This will be a work in progress, there are dozens of different styles of instruments/tools. Most all of these are either US or German made, I will note the country of origin IF the instrument is made elsewhere.

I know the process is taking longer than I indicated but, the breadth of stock is large and spraling about the shop. It will be worth the wait, these are Starrett/snap-on or, Old B&S quality to say the least.

Steve

More instruments, prices will follow, top pic 4.00 next pic 4.00 third pic 4.00 fourth pic 5.00 six pic dup, seventh 4.00 eight 10.00 ninth, tenth and eleven 4.00

View attachment 384318View attachment 384319View attachment 384320View attachment 384321View attachment 384321View attachment 384322View attachment 384323View attachment 384324View attachment 384325View attachment 384326
Here is a set of picks and scrapers that includes 7 tools, this set is 33.00 to your door.
This set includes picks scrapers and prying tools. Here are pics of the tools with detail of both ends.

View attachment 384613View attachment 384614View attachment 384615
Steve, I would like one each of these except the fourth from the bottom and the last set you posted!
Please PM the total and payment details!

Kevin

Steve, i'll take a $33 delivered set of 7 pics & scrapers. As you assemble this and if convenient, half pics and half scrapers in an assortment of configurations would be ideal. Please PM my regarding payment details.
Thanks
Mark

Back