What's new
What's new

Anybody know what these are used for

chriswiley805

Plastic
I bought a bridgeport meal from somebody and they gave me all this stuff with it but i'm not sure what it is used for i think it's some kind of fixture plate but i'm not positive

Attachments

• 20230218_205148.jpg
    20230218_205148.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
The shaft between the two bearings is a cut off input off a transmission. It would be used to align the cluch disk when replacing it. The x/y table on the right is probably more used on a drill press, looks like it could be a drill press with a missing head?
Where are you located?

a microscope without the scope/? some nice partial rusted rust patch seeds. two extension chords, used to bring power from wall closer to work.

The shaft between the two bearings is a cut off input off a transmission. It would be used to align the cluch disk when replacing it. The x/y table on the right is probably more used on a drill press, looks like it could be a drill press with a missing head?

Where are you located?Grover beach
That shaft has threads at the other end

Thing on far left is a hydraulic valve. Thing on the far right is a 220 electric plug, probably 50 amp.

Let me add a possibility to the XY stage with post. As already mentioned, it could be part of a sensitive drill press, or an inspection microscope. It could also be part of a watchmaker's staking press. In all three cases, you are missing most of the machine.
But I suspect you were asking about the thing dead center on the portable bench. The answer is: "Whatever the maker wanted to use it for". It is not a standard part or an OEM machine component. It's something somebody made to do a job. And there is no way for us to guess what that job is. It's scrap.

Back