What's new
What's new

anyone live near Frankfurt in Germany?

metalmagpie

Titanium
I need to order some parts from a company in Rosbach / Rodheim, a bit north of Frankfurt. I live in the US. Like other European companies, the only way they will accept payment from the US is by bank wire transfer. I have done this with them twice and I do not like it. There is a $25USD fee for bank wire transfers, and were the money to not reach them there is no way to rectify that. It's like throwing money out of an airplane and hoping it goes down the right chimney.

If you live in Germany, can you pay electronically to such an old-fashioned company? (Kebe-GMBH, Beinhardsweg 9, D-61191 Rosbach / Rodheim) I am hoping to find someone who can make such a payment to them, so I can send money via Paypal and then the intermediate person can make a payment to Kebe on my account.

metalmagpie
Kirkland, Washington, USA

I need to order some parts from a company in Rosbach / Rodheim, a bit north of Frankfurt. I live in the US. Like other European companies, the only way they will accept payment from the US is by bank wire transfer. I have done this with them twice and I do not like it. There is a $25USD fee for bank wire transfers, and were the money to not reach them there is no way to rectify that. It's like throwing money out of an airplane and hoping it goes down the right chimney.

I'm puzzled by this ? Admittedly, no one likes the $25 fee but otherwise, it's a bank-to-bank transfer, they have paperwork, if you trust the bank to keep your money in an account then why would you feel doing a t/t is "like throwing money out of an airplane" ?

(Largest we've done is $250,000 -- over that people generally insist on a letter of credit, which is even more of a bank-to-bank thing. As long as you're using BofA or similar, not Silicone Valley, you are as safe as carrying cash. Maybe safer ...)

It is not like throwing money out the door. I have had customers get funds back after sending them to the wrong address/swift/bank code. Also had a customer wire me 15k by mistake. Could I keep it? Not so easy and with effort they could claw it back. My bank told me to inform them and that they would need to initiate the process of getting it back. Took them 3 months to get it back. I just had to wait for them to send the correct paperwork to my bank. And I needed to go in and sign it back to them.
Really not worth it to screw somebody for 15k or 250k. Takes a lot more to tip my limit.:D

You may want to look into companies that provide services for exactly that.
This is what we ( personal ) use: https://wise.com/?subId1=100572375800449_us_d
Their fee is lower than the $25 your bank charges, but to be fair, that $25 only hurts when your purchase is small.
Also, WISE has a flat fee regardless of the transferred amount, unlike what some others charge.
The exchange rate is also very good, nothing like the predatory garbage Western Union might do.

If you live in Germany, can you pay electronically to such an old-fashioned company? (Kebe-GMBH, Beinhardsweg 9, D-61191 Rosbach / Rodheim) I am hoping to find someone who can make such a payment to them, so I can send money via Paypal and then the intermediate person can make a payment to Kebe on my account.

metalmagpie
Paypal is better you think ???
Allmost all payments here are done by wiretransfer Cardpayments follow the same route Within the EU it is instantaneously visable on the other account Also between different countries Cheap (private persone can do with less as €50/year) And we hardly use credit cards All debit cards And not so many rules like paypal It is your responsability to do it correctly Not the banks

Peter

After I wrote this I realized there are companies who send money e.g. Wise. They are enormously cheaper than my bank. That's the way I will go, thanks!

metalmagpie
My bank (Chase) charges somewhere around $34 or $36 for outgoing domestic.

Back