What's new
What's new

Anyone own a newer Taiwan made Yuasa Rotary Table?

Lucaselef

Aluminum
I'm wanting to buy a nice quality 8" rotary table. It seems like Yuasa is the only one I can find that makes one in the premium category. Although after doing some research, it turns out they're no longer made in Japan and are now made in Taiwan. I'm aware that Taiwan is capable of making very high quality tools, but the price is double that of a Taiwan made vertex. Does anyone have one of these Taiwan Yuasa Rotary tables that could provide input on the quality?

I'm looking at the Yuasa 550-048

Last edited:
What a coincidence! I just looked at the vertex vs. yuasa rotary table and decided to go with the yuasa.
We just got it yesterday so I can't really say anything other than it looks and moves as one would expect.
We got part number 595-007 and paid a little more than $1200.00 for it.
We have a lot of older yuasa stuff floating around that has served us well and I ponied up for a new one one because I am hoping that the proximity between Taiwan and Japan might mean the new stuff will be just as good as the old stuff.

I am admittedly a consummate optimist though, I'd much rather walk around grinning like an idiot and occasionally be surprised by misfortune than go about like a grumbling toad.

If I remember I'll try to post back in a few days with initial impressions after someone has had a chance to use it. It did not, however ship with the alignment keys that are clearly shown in the included parts diagram. We've decided to just get on with life an make them rather than wait for a boat to bring them.

That's more of an indexing spacer isn't it? Doesn't look like it has a handle for rotating while cutting. Either way, please do report back on the quality! It looks like Yuasa is the only premium option for manual rotary tables and indexers any more, I hope the quality is just as good as back when they were made in Japan.

Now that the vertex and Yuasa are made in the same country, I find it hard to believe the Yuasa won't be better quality since it's a little over twice the price of the vertex.

20s220308_083810.jpg20s220308_083810.jpg20ss220308_083803.jpg202sss20308_083756.jpg

Yes it is as you say, we really only use it for milling wrench flats 90% of the time, very rarely do we used it for any "real" work. Never seen a CHANDOX chuck before.

Thanks for the pictures. Seeing that paint color and badge makes me realize I've never seen even a picture of the Taiwan made rotary tables. All the photos at dealers are just stock pictures, and usually of a larger size with 6 slots as opposed to the 4 slots the 8" comes with.

Back