What's new
What's new

Are these stepper motor kits good? Or Chinese fly-by-night vendors?

RCW

Plastic
The Wantai ones work just fine, I've bought a couple sets. If you need, or expect any kind of tech support at all, don't buy them. The tech support for most Chinese products is non-existent.

The quality has been gradually getting better. A few years back, they built the boards in a single pass wave soldering technique. The small components were fine, anything larger never even had enough solder sucked up to cover the pads and bad solder joints were common. It required the end user to dissassemble the components to hand solder the larger items, or you'd end up blowing things up from the loose connections that would develop after a couple weeks.

I am susp[ecting that you should go with an outfit like PMDX if you are a hobbyist. If you want better mach motion. YOU PAY ........GET. That lesson has been leanred by me with $3000 in the trash.

Thanks, Madmachinist! That is probably good advice.

I appreciate the willingness of others to share their experiences. I can't pay back your 3 grand, but perhaps it will save me from making similar mistakes.

What is your current system like?

Bob

Back