What's new
What's new

Are you being told the truth about Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Under current rules the solar panels must be connected to the grid and if the grid goes down you are SOOL. It's not that the panels and inverter don't have the capability, the problem is that in order to switch to off-grid mode you would need a transfer switch and a generation source to sync the inverter to. Most contracts do not allow for disconnecting the inverter from the grid even temporarily and worse yet, the new mandates banning the use of fuels also apply to generators....

That’s a pretty dodgy answer, one which seems to attempt twisting what I said to make it sound wrong.

I never said battery banks with transfer switches don’t exist. Generac sells one right now(and there are others). What I said was that you cannot connect solar cells to the grid (through an inverter), selling electricity to the utility under Net Zero rules, and then use the cells during a power outage for consumption and to recharge the batteries. If you think otherwise post a link that shows a contract which allows this. The obstacles are not technical but rather legal/business ones.....

Grid tie solar is regulated at the state level and regs are very different from state to state. I did not address your situation specifically because I do not know Mass. rules. I can tell you however, that VT, NH, ME and NY allow interconnect with battery backup and a combination gridtie standalone inverter that conforms to IEC standards. I agree that legal issues are at play here.

Please point me to the regs showing it's illegal in Mass. After all, you are the poster asserting it. Back it up.

And check that quote "Under current rules the solar panels must be connected to the grid...". That is simply false. If a solar panel installation is not connected to the grid, the Commonwealth authority that regulates grid interties has no authority because there is no intertie.

I do know people in Mass. who are offgrid and have solar panels. One exception disproves the rule.

If you want to see yanks denying the bleeding obvious ....just look at your telly .....the Pentagon supposedly believing that the corrupt Afgan puppet government would survive one day beyond a US withdrawl......Trump knew it,Biden knew it,the US administration knew it,the Pentagon knew it ......yet they still spread lies for general consumption.

Vietnam all over again. Didn't learn a damn thing from their involvement with the mujahadeen, either.

There are two truths in A /stan ....the first we all know......the second was explained by a US general some 15 years ago....."We need a corps of junior officers trained in a war situation with live fire enemy and real battlefield casualties....there is no other way to assess how an officer will perform."

CalG said:
Maybe it's time for the Aussies to have a go at Afghanistan.

The Rooskis tried, The US tried. The Australians must know the way.

Already tried! 20 years as deputy sheriff and a few 10s of billions later - same result.

TrueTurning said:
They are occupying Sidney as we speak.

Hard to imagine the view, yuk. The kraken must have advanced syphilis to account for all the crazy, suppose it's akin to giving smallpox blankets to the natives.

A /stan was never a war to win or lose ....it would never be finished ,and could never be won,and certainly never be lost by the US or the allies.......but it is a damn good training ground,where the locals dont complain too much when you kill all their relations with the latest fragmentation /fuel air bomb. ,and blow up their houses in new and imaginative ways....And no one likes them enough to drop an a / bomb on you to punish you for your crimes.

The question is "Where to next?".....Iran?.Syria?...or the big one ?...The bomb factories and combat airplane factories wont be idle for long.....the billionaires wont stand for it.

It is over in Afghanistan- The Taliban is in Kabul to negotiate the transfer of power.

US embassy being evacuated as 1000 more is troops are sent to aid.

Echos of Saigon..

The question is "Where to next?".....Iran?.Syria?...or the big one ?...The bomb factories and combat airplane factories wont be idle for long.....the billionaires wont stand for it.

Maybe electric vehicles will become a new source of wealth........

Hopefully the transfer of power happens in a swift and peaceful manner.

The Taliban is calling for peace and calm- they are negotiating from strength.
At this point they have won and the goal of taking back control of the country is in their hands.

Again the US seems to have been caught unprepared for what was happening in country.
In the middle of the week there was reporting that US "defense analysts" were concerned that in as soon as 90 days Kabul could fall.
TWO DAYS LATER...

The week before the Afghanistan defense minister was assuring the world that even though they had lost three of five major corridors into country for supplies they were in no more precarious of a position than formally.
The interviewer was astounded- "How can you possible say that"...

"Afganistan for Afganistan".
I can fret about what is means for some in the country but it seems the Taliban waited us out and are stronger now.

On Friday the US was going to maintain the embassy- now they are evacuating fully.
The earth has shifted there but my feeling is it shifted years ago but was not observed or properly estimated by outsiders.

The change seems precipitous but......

Reporting now is that the Taliban is offering a blanket amnesty for any who aided coalition forces.
It is their country now - we will now see what that means in the future.

The Taliban is calling for peace and calm- they are negotiating from strength.
At this point they have won and the goal of taking back control of the country is in their hands.

Again the US seems to have been caught unprepared for what was happening in country.
In the middle of the week there was reporting that US "defense analysts" were concerned that in as soon as 90 days Kabul could fall.
TWO DAYS LATER...

The week before the Afghanistan defense minister was assuring the world that even though they had lost three of five major corridors into country for supplies they were in no more precarious of a position than formally.
The interviewer was astounded- "How can you possible say that"...

"Afganistan for Afganistan".
I can fret about what is means for some in the country but it seems the Taliban waited us out and are stronger now.

On Friday the US was going to maintain the embassy- now they are evacuating fully.
The earth has shifted there but my feeling is it shifted years ago but was not observed or properly estimated by outsiders.

The change seems precipitous but......

An embassy is a very important asset in many ways so the United States most certainly will be the outsider when it comes to Afghanistan.

Another Nation will most certainly step in shortly to assist the new government.

Nothing new. Rinse-Wash-Repeat

As my dad says, it's just like Vietnam...the people didn't want to fight. When they had to the ran and expected us to do their deeds. When we left it went right back to the way it was.

We should have had the military sophistication to assess how this was going and this outcome.
This appears to be a dangerous and major failure of being capable of making tactical assessments.

We should have had the military sophistication to assess how this was going and this outcome.
This appears to be a dangerous and major failure of being capable of making tactical assessments.

It sorta looks like one side was dragging it's feet with the Sept 11th date and the other side decided to speed up the process. Perhaps a new business partner anxious to see as much inventory and such remain.

Kind of looks like we got evicted.

#216 CalG "The Rooskis tried"

No, they merely fucked about.
Which is ridiculous when the USSR had two, very recent, successful, historical examples
During The Great Patriotic War both the Chechens and the Crimean Tatars started behaving badly, ie as Muslims do.
So Uncle Joe had both populations put on one way trains to Siberia.
End of problem, OK many died both in transit and at their destinations.
Not worshipping at the altar of the great God Marx? You deserved it.

The USA did not learn from the Soviet example.
The US occupation of Japan was too successful.
Subsequent US policy makers persuaded themselves that was some comparison which could be made between
the highly intelligent, very industrious, creative, Japanese and barbaric Muslim savages from the Pre-Cambrian.

During the Vietnam war the USA did not listen to their own, successful, prophet, Curtis LeMay,
whose policies were exactly what was required. Bomb them into the Stone Age.

The USA did not support the Shah in Iran, who controlled the Muslim savages, more bad judgement.
The USA then supplied arms to the barbaric Mujahideen, a success?
Having routed the Taliban government the USA began to transform Afghanistan into heaven on earth.
Having occupied Afghanistan the US policy should have been to put their boots on the necks of the indigenes, permanently.
Then the USA do-gooders decided that nasty Sadam Hussein, who was also controlling the Muslim savages, must be removed.
Subsequently the USA bombed Syria where the Assad dynasty have been keeping the Muslim savages in their place for 50 years.

Now the Biden Government is making war on its own population.
What a record of failure.

If you want to see yanks denying the bleeding obvious ....just look at your telly .....the Pentagon supposedly believing that the corrupt Afgan puppet government would survive one day beyond a US withdrawl......Trump knew it,Biden knew it,the US administration knew it,the Pentagon knew it ......yet they still spread lies for general consumption.

John for the win...

The interesting bit is if they believed this crap themselves- it seems they did.

I guess the government forces just collapsed.
Perhaps that is not so easy to judge as a risk in these circumstances..

Some say it was tough to distinguish a difference between the ANA and the Taliban. Certainly once the U.S. made it's decision to pull out, most probably decided it would be in thier best interest to facilitate a trasition to the new government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back