What's new
What's new

ASU needs a Prototype Shop CNC Machinist

You will also get about $25K + in bennies ontop of your pay.
you and you spouce can take classes for next to nothing, I have taken quite a few. here's an example 3 credit $2700 I paid $200.
your kids can go to ASU or one of the other AZ Colleges for 25 cents on the dollor until their 26.
State retirement matched at 100%

great place to retire!

Suggest:
Increase salary by 60% per hour and make all bennies fixed, for some term, like 3 years minimum independent of employment.

"Prototype machinists" are usually the most skilled, fastest, ingenious guys who make anything from anything, and often really well, and often really cool looking bitsies.

Every single big company in the world, from SpaceX to Boeing to BigCarCo wants all the best prototype machinists it can get.
And so does Amazon, and Google.
At 180.000$ per year, plus, according to glassdoor.

Any machinist can make prototypes, but "prototype machinists" are generally the best guys well rounded in manual and cnc and finishing and fixturing and automation and scaling up production.

The prototype machinists at tesla or say flextronics or say apple command well over 1M$/y compensation -- usually somewhat tied to stock grants so they don´t leave early.

Not to mention that guy would likely be a lousy teacher as the distance between his skill set and the students is so far that he'd likely want to just cry. I mentor coworkers and FIRST robotics students and it can be very trying.

Every single big company in the world, from SpaceX to Boeing to BigCarCo wants all the best prototype machinists it can get.
And so does Amazon, and Google.
At 180.000$ per year, plus, according to glassdoor.

Any machinist can make prototypes, but "prototype machinists" are generally the best guys well rounded in manual and cnc and finishing and fixturing and automation and scaling up production.

The prototype machinists at tesla or say flextronics or say apple command well over 1M$/y compensation -- usually somewhat tied to stock grants so they don´t leave early.

Hanermo, you are SO full of shit. Every opportunity, you come up with these WILDLY inflated numbers about how much money people make at tech companies. I know several Apple prototype machinists. They are paid quite well, but the average is probably under 250k. I also know several former Tesla prototype machinists, and that cesspool tends to pay under industry standard - especially relative to their competition in the bay area.

I'm all for increasing competition, increasing wages, etc... etc..., but I'm not sure what compels you to claim that these companies (some of whom notoriously underpay) are out there offering machinists 10X the average wage. Big tech will definitely pay a premium for talent, but these companies aren't engaging in a viscous bidding war for the top .1% of machinists like they do with software engineers.

You sir - are extraordinarily out of touch with the job market.

Last edited:

Back