What's new
What's new

Automobile Manufacturing, all the new EV's, how is the tooling made?

I would need to see a cost breakdown with real math. I have seen too much misinformation from both sides on the green energy debate. I have actually toured wind farms, mind you it was a dozen years ago or so. I was the most annoying person on the tour, like I was when I toured Boulder Dam asking a mess of technical questions. On the wind farms the issue was the braking systems to keep the blades from spinning too fast. That was where a lot of the maintenance costs were.

Next time you go to Boulder dam, ask this question

"so what happens to hydro-electric when there isn't enough water to fill the dam and spin the turbines?" Doesn't look so good then.

Wind will always blow, sun will always shine and uranium will always heat water into steam.

Next time you go to Boulder dam, ask this question

"so what happens to hydro-electric when there isn't enough water to fill the dam and spin the turbines?" Doesn't look so good then.

Wind will always blow, sun will always shine and uranium will always heat water into steam.

I think it was 2010 I was there from the videos and pictures I saw it doesn't look much lower. They seem to grow a lot of water thirsty crops in those deserts and have quite a few golf courses. I wonder what percentage of the use goes there?

I think it was 2010 I was there from the videos and pictures I saw it doesn't look much lower. They seem to grow a lot of water thirsty crops in those deserts and have quite a few golf courses. I wonder what percentage of the use goes there?

Good question.

This article says Palm Springs area golf courses use 1 million gallons of water per day, per golf course. These are feed by aquifer. But it's a fair assumption that golf courses using Colorado River and california Aquaduct water use similar amounts of water.

The Desert Sun

After I read that I didn't feels so bad about having a pool or washing the car

I'm sure a few years ago....there was a big "thing" because people and their homes were on water rations, but the new Golf complex up the road still had unlimited water supply.
And the local golf complex had something to do with the local governor, hence no restriction?

"Rules for thee and not for me" Probably without exception a fact that citizens the world over must endure.

So many facts and numbers regarding solar and wind power. I guess from what I'm reading here that solar and wind provide energy at a rate much cheaper than traditional generated power.

Fact is...Once the electric powered alternatives to gas and oil dominate in daily use, does anyone actually think energy will not rise to a price based on "whatever the market will bear"?

So many facts and numbers regarding solar and wind power. I guess from what I'm reading here that solar and wind provide energy at a rate much cheaper than traditional generated power.

Fact is...Once the electric powered alternatives to gas and oil dominate in daily use, does anyone actually think energy will not rise to a price based on "whatever the market will bear"?

Fossil fuels have upward pressure in the face of the Green energy. This is a article which takes the overall costs of energy in light of the new claims that green is cheaper. It looks at the market and how green has been incentivized where as fossil fuel has been burdened. This despite the fact that more fossil fuel is required to stabilize the grid when wind and solar show their variable nature.

When generation drops fossil fuels much higher in costs is the go to stabilizing factor.

I just started reading this it takes Europes experiences into account which is timely to their energy requirements.

Let’s Come Clean: The Renewable Energy Transition Will Be Expensive

Good question.

This article says Palm Springs area golf courses use 1 million gallons of water per day, per golf course. These are feed by aquifer. But it's a fair assumption that golf courses using Colorado River and california Aquaduct water use similar amounts of water.

The Desert Sun

After I read that I didn't feels so bad about having a pool or washing the car

Maybe not anymore but one time on a west vacation I saw soybean and alfalfa farms close to the Colorado river in a desert. I was thinking why are they growing those crops in a desert? Not sure of the life of a soybean, but you can turn alfalfa into pellets, so no need for it to be grown as feed in the area it is used. My question is why are they growing water thirsty crops in an area that has suffered long periods of drought since it was settled?

It seems most of those sources are biased and that goes both ways, the numbers are all over the place. I even saw an anti wind farm one that listed the cost of removing one when taken out of service. In the cost break down, it seemed to leave out the amount of recyclable materials, which doing some quick math on today's prices would be about $85,000. Then there are ones that leave out credits.

Will there be, or is there, a gov't requirement to disclose EV vehicle performance same as ICE vehicles (passenger) have on the window stickers? Not having looked at an EV at a dealer might already be on the window sticker.

Will there be, or is there, a gov't requirement to disclose EV vehicle performance same as ICE vehicles (passenger) have on the window stickers? Not having looked at an EV at a dealer might already be on the window sticker.

Will they be accurate or unattainable like the old mpg numbers?

Back