What's new
What's new

dgfoster

Diamond
There is at least one frequent poster here on PM that seems to crave attention and feels a need to keep changing his avatar in what seems to be nonsensical ways. I guess it is no big deal. But you'd think we could be adults here and make some vague attempt to follow the guideline that was established (must have been for some good reason) long ago.

"AVATAR GUIDELINES

Avatars should be machinist, or manufacturing related in some way, or a photo of yourself.

And note I said "machinist", not "machinery".... a photo of your favorite car or motorcyle is not acceptable, but a machine tool photo is ok...since that is "machinist" related.

(FWIW, mine is Coalbrookdale by Night.. a painting of the first production iron foundry in the world ... in a way it’s where most of what we discuss here all started)"

Do we really need to be babysat in that regard? Seems like folks should know have a general concept of the guidelines and follow them without forcing the issue so much as to cause it to be brought up.

Denis

In case there’s anyone else not familiar with vintage machinery or tools, my avatar is a classic square socket wrench used many places on older machine but this on is installed on my Monarch EE saddle lock. I happen to like it simplicity, and yet optimal design for the job at hand.

Denis

:popcorn::nopity: I don't care, but changing it a lot, or your name, is dumb, then it's difficult for others to track who they are talking too.

Shit @Donkey Hotey is Donkey all over the net!:D

There is at least one frequent poster here on PM that seems to crave attention and feels a need to keep changing his avatar in what seems to be nonsensical ways. I guess it is no big deal. But you'd think we could be adults here and make some vague attempt to follow the guideline that was established (must have been for some good reason) long ago.

"AVATAR GUIDELINES

Avatars should be machinist, or manufacturing related in some way, or a photo of yourself.

And note I said "machinist", not "machinery".... a photo of your favorite car or motorcyle is not acceptable, but a machine tool photo is ok...since that is "machinist" related.

(FWIW, mine is Coalbrookdale by Night.. a painting of the first production iron foundry in the world ... in a way it’s where most of what we discuss here all started)"

Do we really need to be babysat in that regard? Seems like folks should know have a general concept of the guidelines and follow them without forcing the issue so much as to cause it to be brought up.

Denis
I'm gonna go with no...

Houdini, you should know that when I read your posts I hear them in my head in Max Headroom's stuttering/pitch shifting voice. This is not a problem. I used to watch that show with my dad who was so into it that we threw him a Max Headroom themed birthday party in the late 80's.

I've never bothered with an avatar. Maybe I will take a selfie standing by the forklift in front of the overhead door I ran into this morning. Ya gotta raise it up high enough, dummy!

Shoulda stayed in bed!
I did it a few months ago, but it wasn't me who didn't raise it:angry:
Had to go in for head scan, and my neck was no bueno for a couple months.

Back