What's new
What's new

Best Way to Back Up Mazatrol Programs?

Arc-On

Aluminum
Hey Guys,

I have a 2003 Quick Turn 350 Nexus with the 640t Nexus control. The machine has a floppy drive, a serial port and an ethernet port. No USB.

We don't have the EIA option on this machine, we only have Mazatrol. As such, I've never had to load a program on the machine, we just program everything at the control.

We've hit the maximum number of programs in the machine, and I would like to take some of the lesser used part numbers off the control to free up space, as well as back up the existing programs in case of some kind of memory failure.

What's your favorite method for this?

Thanks.

Mazview is reasonably priced and you can view the programs as they are on the screen. You can't edit though. Also save all your parameters , tool data etc as well

I use Mazview too. I like it but I hate their licence! It needs to connect to the internet to verify the licence. I fear that someday they may disappear and all the programs I have saved with be useless If I cant use the software that I paid for,

I use Mazview too. I like it but I hate their licence! It needs to connect to the internet to verify the licence. I fear that someday they may disappear and all the programs I have saved with be useless If I cant use the software that I paid for,

Hopefully, the company would offer an unlimited license to the users before closing up shop!

Hopefully, the company would offer an unlimited license to the users before closing up shop!

I hope so too. Just really bothers me that I have thousands of hours invested into a system that depends on the fate of a small company in Sweden.

I believe it's called LAN-CNC but they have a neat little unit. The only problem I've seen is, you have to use it to upload, and download Mazatrol programs. What I mean by that is, once you pull it off the machine with it, you can only put it back on with it. We have some legacy software called CNC/PC Win. that handles the mazatrol programs well. But the LAN-CNC unit won't put a program that CNC/PC win had handled. This unit can also be stand alone, and write to SD card.

The problem we have with CNC/PC win is that it's so old we have to run it on a Virtual Machine on our laptop.

We also have Mazacam, and it has a utilities software for communications, and does conversions. We really like it, and it handles even our legacy back ups from the CNC/PC win. However, some of our older operators don't like it.

There's 3 more options for handling Mazatrol programs. Mazacam and CNC/PC win are with using serial to usb adapters with a laptop.

But if you have Ethernet Port, just plug into local network, and transfer them off. No software needed.

Back