What's new
What's new

Boring and Honing Machines for Sale

jreiland

Aluminum
I have a friend whos selling a few boring and honing machines, all in really great condition. Sale of the building is driving the sale of the machines. Prices reflect the need to sell. Machines located in Phoenix.
Moore Jig Boring Machine - $4000
Societe SIP Jig Borer - $5000
Sunnen Precision Honing Machining - $3500

Attachments

• Machine1.jpg
    Machine1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Machine2.jpg
    Machine2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 167
  • machine3.jpg
    machine3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 166
The Moore is a jig grinder, not a jig bore. Tooling included for all the machines will help make the sale, take many pictures of it.

The Moore is a jig grinder, not a jig bore. Tooling included for all the machines will help make the sale, take many pictures of it.
These are so far from my wheel house, thanks for the correction. Tooling is included with the Sunnen machine, I'll get some pics.

Sunnen Precision Honing Machining - $3500

That's an obsolete Sunnen, can't remember the model (I have one sitting in the corner somewhere) Can't get spares for it I believe. Cost me a U-Haul rental stakebed with a lift gate and 6 hours driving/loading/unloading. About what it was worth to me.

A newer 1660 is worth $1000 on a very good day.

It might be a good deal if it had a full set of mandrels/stones/truing sleeves etc.

When you post prices that are so out of line it just makes you look ignorant. And people don't like to give money to ignorant people.
Read my other post about these machines not being in my wheel house. I'm glad there's nice guys on this site who are adding some insights.

If the machines don't sell they're going to the scrap yard. Prices are too high, if someone's interested they'll be cheap.

I usually stay outta these things but seeing how you’re new to this….. I passed on this hone the other day because I already have one tooled from 1/4”-2-1/2” for $250. Things might be different out west but in Michigan, $150-$400 is the real world price you’re going to get for the hone.

Attachments

• IMG_7113.png
    IMG_7113.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7114.png
    IMG_7114.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7115.png
    IMG_7115.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 33
I usually stay outta these things but seeing how you’re new to this….. I passed on this hone the other day because I already have one tooled from 1/4”-2-1/2” for $250. Things might be different out west but in Michigan, $150-$400 is the real world price you’re going to get for the hone.
Thanks for posting this. The way prices for used manual machines have collapsed in the last few years is just unbelievable.

Yeah, I’m way off. I really thought they were still in market for these older machines. Some guys were still use them in engine rebuilding shops. Looks like he’s machines are just end up going to scrap.

I would think you could get better than scrap pricing on those machines, or at least equal to scrap while letting someone else move them. I'd love to have that SIP, but no room for it, and not sure what I'd do with it, just always thought they were way cool machines. Stick those things up on FB marketplace, be realistic on prices, I hope you find them a home.

Edit: What are the dimensions on the SIP?

How bout this:
Moore Jig Boring Machine - $750
Societe SIP Jig Borer - $650
Sunnen Precision Honing Machining - $450

How bout this:
Moore Jig Boring Machine - $750
Societe SIP Jig Borer - $650
Sunnen Precision Honing Machining - $450

That's realistic. They should sell easily at those prices.

Tooling is also a pretty big factor for the value of these critters, especially the Sunnen. That Sunnen won't sell for $200 without any mandrels. With a hundred modern mandrels, tons of stones and truing sleeves and some gauging tools that Sunnen might sell for thousands.

Salesman for the local Sunnen agents told me that they trade in the machines and sell them very cheap without tooling knowing the buyers will be buying the hones ,stones and sleeves off them.

Back