What's new
What's new

Boyar-Shultz 618 help!

Brett G.

Plastic
The drive belt went out on our vintage Boyar-Schultz 618 surface grinder. I have no manual or any other info on it other than the serial number, Serial No 119. Where can I get the correct manual with a parts list so I can get the correct part number so I can replace the belt. Any suggestions.

Attachments

• 618 Grinder.jpg
    618 Grinder.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 618 Ser No.jpg
    618 Ser No.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
You might have trouble finding manuals from the usual sources. Boyar-Schultz went out of business in 1984, moved their parts department to southern Illinois and closed that about 2 years later. I used to work there in the early 80's. Crying shame what happened there. I wish they had never let that busload of chinese photographers into the building.

You might have trouble finding manuals from the usual sources. Boyar-Schultz went out of business in 1984, moved their parts department to southern Illinois and closed that about 2 years later. I used to work there in the early 80's. Crying shame what happened there. I wish they had never let that busload of chinese photographers into the building.
Maybe you can tell me when it was manufactured? The serial number is 119

Go to a local industrial supply store that sells V belts, bearings and gears and take the old belt with. They should be able to sell your aa belt. Don't say its for a surface grinder. Just say you need a replacement timing belt That belt material is used on many applications.

I just went through the same issue. The x-axis table drive belt was shot. I learned this is a metric belt. Industry part number for this metric belt is 20T10/1460. The width is 20MM with 10MM tooth pitch, 1460MM overall length, 146 teeth.

I found mine on Amazon through a company called Jason Industrial for about $50 shipped.

Last edited:

Back