What's new
What's new

BP Series 1 Power Quill Feed

EarlyAcres

Plastic
Looking for a better break down of the details of the quill feed. Specifically the assembly for the up/down selection. My 1966 BP does not have the selector knob or the selector rod that goes inside the worm drive shaft. From the parts illustration it looks like a roll pin is in place to limit travel for forward/revers/neutral selections (plus the detent spring and ball). Also the stack up of the gears on the worm drive shaft. Mine has a thick washer preventing reverse engagement so I am not sure where that came from. These are the details I am looking for since it seems that the parts illustration is the only break down available. Anybody have a better detail of that area? Thanks for your time.

Yes, thanks I did look at that parts break down. That is the one I would like more detail from. I am guessing I will need to remove that assembly and lay it out on the bench to see how it should stack up. Unless someone here already has one disassembled....and can post pictures?

I've disassembled mine just the other day, so I have a visual reference (in memory) to that diagram and it's a pretty good representation. You basically just need to follow those two paths (left to right): 59 through 55 and 42 through 48.

Yes, I am sure there are parts missing and/or in the wrong order so disassembly is on the schedule.

Back