What's new
What's new

Brass 841

SageGlad

Aluminum
Hey people!
I'm looking for a good brass supplier, trying to find an adequate price an availability and having some issues with it.
Can anyone share if there is a good brass supplier around?

I was looking for a brass bar supplier recently because my local steel yard doesn't deal with brass and the other leads nearby didn't pan out. I ended up using Midwest Steel Supply in MN, I would use them again.

I was looking for a brass bar supplier recently because my local steel yard doesn't deal with brass and the other leads nearby didn't pan out. I ended up using Midwest Steel Supply in MN, I would use them again.
Thank you! I'll try to reach them

Online Metals is a division of Copper and Brass Sales / Thysen Corp.
C&BS has been a prefered source of mine for <30 yrs.
They should be cheaper than a steel yard.
... but I lost contact with them last winter, and gave up.
Your luck [today] may be better?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

It has been a while since I ran bronze, I can't even remember which ones to love and which ones to hate. All I know is bidding on bronze work a newbie will probably take some lumps.
I forgot what kind but it was decades ago I got some round cast (I think that is what it was)
that was so out of round and tapered you could not feed it through a 3 jaw hydraulic chuck with a puller. The only good thing was it was a small order, like 50 parts.

Reactions: Ox
Sure guys it is bronze. Sorry I was in rush and didn’t pay attention.
Thank you very much for all the messages and recommendations, I do really appreciate places like this forum and people here so good and helpful!

Back