What's new
What's new

Bridgeport for wood? Ebay...Truthfull seller?

He sold it. With the big #3 on top it's clear it's originally from a factory. Trace amounts of sawdust seem to be all over it. Maybe he is telling at least part of the truth. I don't see it as a scam. Buyer beware.

I’m not sure he is being dishonest. He states “he” bought it for wood work and bought it because it was single phase. I would not take it as being the original owner or the machine has only been used on wood. The single phase comment is just a way of telling everyone it is single phase.

Gone, now, but did everyone miss this?

6. I used a locale forklift company to unload in my shop a few years ago.

I don't think, anywhere, he said he was the original owner.
Not seeing wood dust on a machine used for woodworking is not uncommon.

I saw something, I brush off with a foxtail and vac after to clean up the sawdust, same with the planer and the shaper. Sawdust attracts moisture, moisture causes rust, so we clean machines after use, just as I clean my metalworking machines.

I don't know what that machine was worth. I see what it went for. And I see some of you telling people to not buy any of them 3 in 1 machines, buy one of these, one of those and another one, too..

Here's a BP for 1100, you say it is too much, but you are telling people to BUY a BP to put alongside their lathe, one they can't afford.

I can't, for the life of me, determine who is a real "businessman" and who is a hobbyist, here.

One man wants to buy a 300 grand CNC machine, on this site. Others are asking if 1500 is too much to pay for a 50 year old machine to add to their machining lineup.

This is the "proffessional" site, but a lot of the replies sound like hobbyists who make a couple bucks on the side.

I will tell you, right now, that I do nothing but hobby work for me and my grands. I don't make a nickle off anything I do.

I have done that for 40 some years, only reason I say anything here, and even then, I didn't do the CNC stuff you guys are into.

Lots of the guys here, if it were not for CNC, would not even be into machining. The computer will decide how the part is to be made. If the computer broke, many would not be able to crank the handles to get the job out on a manual machine.

Some of you guys are proficient. Some others of you are less than proficient.
This is not REALLY a professional site. I also peruse HSM and there are some members who could turn rings around some of our members. They MAY not turn out hundreds of pieces, but each piece is a work of art.

Could that be written into a computer program, would be a good line to try to sell. Hell, some of them could BE in CNC. Them amateurs over there are into CNC too. Hell, they BUILD thier own CNC stuff.

Cheers,

George

I’m not sure he is being dishonest. He states “he” bought it for wood work and bought it because it was single phase. I would not take it as being the original owner or the machine has only been used on wood. The single phase comment is just a way of telling everyone it is single phase.

Of course he is NOT being dishonest.
The guy never states that the machine was used for wood it's whole life just that "He bought it for wood". And he does not say he bought it new to use on wood. He gives you NO reason to believe that the machine spend a lifetime drilling holes in wood.

What a pathetic thread this is. Sounds like a bunch of gossiping women....

Scott

Of course he is NOT being dishonest.
The guy never states that the machine was used for wood it's whole life just that "He bought it for wood". And he does not say he bought it new to use on wood. He gives you NO reason to believe that the machine spend a lifetime drilling holes in wood.

What a pathetic thread this is. Sounds like a bunch of gossiping women....

Scott
Perhaps you should go back and READ what I posted about intent to deceive!! Jumping to conclusions is more reminiscent of a woman gossiping than what I was asking in the intial thread!:rolleyes:

I was asking if this is a way to suggest a machine has had "light use". I could care less about THIS particular EBAY add. Hell, I would not even need to put an EBAY add but I did just for use as an example.

Reading does help.

Back