What's new
What's new

BRIDGEPORT Milling Machine in MONTANA ~SOLD~

SDH

Plastic
BRIDGEPORT Milling Machine in Montana ~~SOLD~~

1970's 2HP, Variable Speed Bridgeport Mill, This mill has been professionally rebuilt including Ways and Table have been scraped and re-fit. Upper-end rebuild kit installed for motor unit. 220 Three Phase.

Repair & Replaced Parts: Longitudinal Feed Screw 42", Cross Feed screw 12" knee, Saddle to Knee Gib, Table to Saddle Gib, Chip Guard Lower Plate, Feed Nut Bracket, Longitudinal Feed Nut, Cross Feed Nut, Way Wiper Kit, Washer Head Screw, Feed Retaining Screw, Keys and Pins.

Includes Brand New: Acru~Rite DRO, 150 Servo Vari~Speed Table Feed, 6" Kurt Vise with Swivel Base, Halogen Machine Light, Step Block and Clamp Set. Some other tooling.
Located in Livingston, MT ~~ Please contact Steven D. Hughes, Life Member; American Custom Gunmakers Guild, SDH Custom Gunmaking ~ 406-222-9377 ~ [email protected]
As Is Where Is, will help load~~$19,950 ~~ available after July 1, 2022
Much less than the cost of a new Jet mill with no accessories.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Mikeyah. Regardless of my honest mistake, this is the only real Bridgeport I see listed For Sale currently or in the recent past. If I guy is looking for a great Milling machine he might really like the opportunity to own a real USA machine instead of a "Bridgeport Clone"~ Am open to reasonable offers.
Thank You,
SDH

Thanks for the link Mikeyah. Regardless of my honest mistake, this is the only real Bridgeport I see listed For Sale currently or in the recent past. If I guy is looking for a great Milling machine he might really like the opportunity to own a real USA machine instead of a "Bridgeport Clone"~ Am open to reasonable offers.
Thank You,
SDH

SDH, are you retiring? I have enjoyed reading your books.

MCritchley, thanks for asking...Pretty much already retired...I have this wonderful, almost new machine that is totally under utilized and I mainly have used for walnut stocks. Glad you have enjoyed the writing, I continue my Custom Shop Column in Sports Afield and selling my Custom Rifles book and teaching some Seminars. Thanks for the kind words, if you know of anyone interested in an ideal gunshop Mill, please let them know about this machine. I'm very open to offers, especially to see it go to a gunshop.
Best,
SDH

Last edited:
I have re-evaluated the price and am looking for a reasonable offer in the $16,000 range.
It sure looks like a beautiful mill in great condition. It is outside my budget but is exactly what I would love to have in my shop. Someone will be very happy. I learned what skills I have from a perfectionist gunsmith/artist. Unfortunately I have moved 350 miles from my friend and his shop. Best of luck.
Ken

Back