What's new
What's new

Bridgeport VMC600/22 TNC370 Issue

Barvek

Plastic
Hi all,

Any help is massively appreciated with this headache!

My Bridgeport VMC600/22 with TNC370 controller is currently displaying "external DC voltage missing" when turned on, as though the e-stop circuit is activated.

I've check the 24vDC outputs, both okay, checked door switch, e-stop itself, lube level, limit switches etc. and i'm struggling to find a problem.

I've been advised it could be the safety relays, one thing to note is that prior to its current state it had started tripping the e-stop prior to a tool change. So at the start of the program it would get to "TOOL CALL 1" then "M6" and it would hang on the M6, and not change tools, while also displaying "emergency stop" on the screen. A quick in/out of the e-stop and it would reset, spin the spindle a little, change tools, and continue as normal.

Now, I can't get past that intitial "external DC voltage missing" screen. I'm not the most knowledgeable about these machines so if anyone has any experience or guesses by all means.

Any ideas?

Any wiring/switches in the tool changer tied in to the safety circuitry or anything the plc would kill power for?
I had a mill with a tool shuttle giving me strange issues. It would throw errant alarms stating arm not getting into place, drawbar closing prematurely, or just stalling. Turned out to be some broken wires at the terminal block on top of the shuttle.

@Gustafson

No, unfortunately this makes no difference.

@Variablyparametr

I've had a look at the proximity switches on the tool carousel extend/retract, and the retract switch is lit up. Not to say it could be a different switch, such as clamp/unclamp, but I did try messing with those to no avail.

Unfortunately, holding the enable button doesn't change anything.

I'm currently trying to track down all the proximity switches in the tool changer to check they're all working properly, nothing found so far.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm looking at it now.

Have you checked the contactors in the cabinet responsible for the estop? I've had some that don't like the cold and will trip prematurely if not warmed up a bit.

Have you checked the contactors in the cabinet responsible for the estop? I've had some that don't like the cold and will trip prematurely if not warmed up a bit.

And come to think of it when you pop a relay under load[like during a tool change] there can be some arcing of the contacts, do it over and over, this is a good call.

Back