What's new
What's new

Brother TC-R2B pallet changing issue

wmpy

Hot Rolled
I have a TCR2B, SN 112111 that won't pallet change. When I call for a pallet change, I hear the clamp/unclamp air cylinder moving, but the table doesn't rotate. A few seconds later I get an alarm '2021 *C-axis unclamp".

This machine is new to me and was just installed, it has been sitting for a few months.
I called Yamazen first thing this morning and left a message, but I have not heard back.

Let me know if you have any ideas what to check.

Are you sure the rapid/feed override knobs aren’t turned all the way down? What about just hitting the “index pallet” button?

Are you sure the rapid/feed override knobs aren’t turned all the way down? What about just hitting the “index pallet” button?
The override knob is at 100%. Everything else will move. I am hitting the pallet index button. That's when I get the alarm. Thanks for the suggestions. Do you have the same model of machine?

The override knob is at 100%. Everything else will move. I am hitting the pallet index button. That's when I get the alarm. Thanks for the suggestions. Do you have the same model of machine?
hmmm, mine's an R2A. Hopefully Frank or Andy will hop on. I can say that Yamazen in my area (Chicago) has been outstanding at servicing even old machines. Good luck!

Thanks. After more digging, I found a flaky switch under the table. There are two switches for the locking mechanism. One is a prox switch on the air cylinder. The other is a mechanical roller switch to the right of the cylinder. That's the one that wasn't behaving normally. Hopefully that's it. I have a courier on the way to Yamazen to pick up a new one. I never heard back from their service department. I don't seem to have the best of luck with them.

Back