What's new
What's new

Brother TC-S2B tool length auto measure device

MachineAmateur

Plastic
Hi,

I tried to install a generic tool length measurement sensor to this old CNC mill, but ran into problems with the routines attempting to open the device pneumatic cover (which does not exist) and it throws an error "6249 cover does not open".

There is no mention in the installation/user manuals about the how cover opening is sensed. It is commanded by M406, followed by sense command (with 10 second tolerance delay) M322. M406 can be mapped to external outputs freely, but input mappings stops at M2xx range. Tool length sensor itself is connected to proper input and this can be found from the user manual (and is shared with 3D probing device input).

Any insights?

I found the mapping of correct input from manuals, which lay next to the tool brakage detection specific inputs.

Tool detection connection is CNTOOL at the left top side of extension board. Looks like in order to use this software feature i have to find a correct molex plug and map out the pins carefully. Another option is to use G code, but its not as nice.
cntool.jpg

ps. The connector was first match from google image search, it is a common 8-pin ATX power supply connector. Plus i had one in my drawer wires included, what are the odds!

Edit: The connector does not have the cover input housed. It has all 3 tool breakage inputs though. Wide connection next to it seems to be only for power supply for extension IO. I think without further information its a mystery what kind of cover is in question and how it is connected. All the images show a small coverless touch sensor to be used..

Last edited:

Back