What's new
What's new

Brown and Sharpe Master cylindrical square

mcbassin

Aluminum
Brown and Sharpe Model 558 cylindrical master square in the fitted wooden box.
This is really nice gage. It was perfect condition when I stored it but got some moisture at some point. There is some light surface rust in a few spots (see pictures). This doesn't effect the operation of the gage. It's about 6.3" long 2.4" diameter. It's heavy too about 9 lbs. No names, numbers or engraving on it.
$200 + actual shipping. Please respond here before PM
Paypal, money order, cash

bs.jpgbs1.jpgbs2.jpgbs3.jpgIMG_4382.jpg

I found to my surprise that weight is an advantage. I have a smaller one I got first and later a larger and heavier on. When they're sitting on the surface plate the larger one is noticeably more immovable. That's a confidence builder if I'm registering an indicator against it to null out and then check an adjacent part for square. Knowing that it's NOT moving as I'm manipulating things around the plate is a nice feeling.

I'm interested if crashtest doesn't take it. PM coming.

mike

Brown and Sharpe Model 558 cylindrical master square in the fitted wooden box.
This is really nice gage. It was perfect condition when I stored it but got some moisture at some point. There is some light surface rust in a few spots (see pictures). This doesn't effect the operation of the gage. It's about 6.3" long 2.4" diameter. It's heavy too about 9 lbs. No names, numbers or engraving on it.
$200 + actual shipping. Please respond here before PM
Paypal, money order, cash

View attachment 131690View attachment 131691View attachment 131692View attachment 131693View attachment 131694

Back