What's new
What's new

Buying a Precision Machine Shop

Net 600 by themselves?

:bowdown:

----------------------

I am Ox and I must be dooing sumpthing wrong here....

To be clear; this sure isn't me!

I've seen the recipe though. A highly skilled machinist with 3 or 4 paid off machines and building, the right type of work, and a Mrs. who is willing to help with the books.

Most fall pretty short of the fantasy for a myriad of reasons. Takes the right combination of luck, skill, luck, and timing. Most of us have a story about that one part/customer that would have let us retire wealthy in a few years...

Last edited:
To be clear; this sure isn't me!

I've seen the recipe though. A highly skilled machinist with 3 or 4 paid off machines and building, the right type of work, and a Mrs. who is willing to help with the books.

Most fall pretty short of the fantasy for a myriad of reasons. Takes the right combination of luck, skill, luck, and timing. Most of us have a story about that one part/customer that would have let us retire wealthy in a few years...
I might know a guy.................

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
-James 1:17

I ddi not read all the replies. We need the location to get an idea of your governments respect to business. And what are the monetary units. Four million pesos or Canadian dollars is a big difference.
Bill D

FYI: 41994 IRR; Black market rate: 1 USD = 112000 IRR
6 million/41,994 = 142.88 US Dollars

Last edited:
Great time to be getting into a business.

Drywaller at the end of the complex hasn't had a single call in three weeks, ussually his phone is ring ing off the hook

I make parts for one company, they do 3-4 trade shows a year. Typically they get 30-40 rfq's form the shows, which about 50% turn into PO's.

The last trade show. zero interest, zero rfq's, resulting in zero PO's. There products cover multiple industries. and their typically 50-75% of my work

I do repair work for a local company, their maintenace budget has been cut 50% due to a slow down. Guess who does a lot of their maintenace parts?

Time to get a hot dog cart.

I'll be very surprised if we don't see at least a 50% drop for 2024. It's certainly aiming that way right now.
I think a lot of companies have built up considerable inventory the last 3 years. The easy covid money and panic buying is nearing it's end, high interest rates, high taxes and high everything had to catch up eventually...
Thankfully I don't have to worry either way. People who are leveraged to hell might experience it differently, or maybe they'll get bailed out again and the few of us who were responsible will pay for it... fun times ahead either way.

I've been a long time lurker on this site reading for fun. But I did want to point out that everyone here seems to be responding to a bot and I dont think realizing it.

I made an account just to point this out BTW.

1702488543951.png

1702488559551.png

1702488571783.png

Back