What's new
What's new

C axis lathe diameter offsets?

cnczack

Aluminum
Currently running a YOUJI VTL+C and on were working on the milling side. This is a fanuc 18i-TB programmed with Mastercam. Does anyone know how to make offsets on this machine? For instance, we are milling a pocket but need to step out .001", how would I go about doing this. Or for thread milling we need to step out say .007". I do not want to re-program it everytime to make adjustments lol. Any ideas?

RoundHouse M&F

Plastic
This is coming from my experience on a mazak SQT18MS c-axis, and a little from a Haas lathe.

So just to be clear you are wanting to move the pocket, drilled hole, etc. position inwards or outwards on the X axis. Im thinking of say, making a bolt circle diameter bigger to change hole position if that helps, that's how i visualize c axis face work.

Tool set up should be about the same in the offset page, There should be a tool position for the X and Z. and there should be a X, Z, and tool diameter/radial compensation(depending on how tool-comp is setup).
if the center of the pocket is off by .01" on face machining (IE the X) you can change the tool position setting by .005" (because it should be reading as radial, so halve what you want it to move) or put in the .01" in the X tool-comp section.

cnczack

Aluminum
This is coming from my experience on a mazak SQT18MS c-axis, and a little from a Haas lathe.

So just to be clear you are wanting to move the pocket, drilled hole, etc. position inwards or outwards on the X axis. Im thinking of say, making a bolt circle diameter bigger to change hole position if that helps, that's how i visualize c axis face work.

Tool set up should be about the same in the offset page, There should be a tool position for the X and Z. and there should be a X, Z, and tool diameter/radial compensation(depending on how tool-comp is setup).
if the center of the pocket is off by .01" on face machining (IE the X) you can change the tool position setting by .005" (because it should be reading as radial, so halve what you want it to move) or put in the .01" in the X tool-comp section.

Im referring to changing a hole that is .375 making it .380

JonFinn

Aluminum
You need to use G41 and G40 like on a Mill, but the offset goes in to the R offset register. To get the .375 hole to .380, the R value would be -.0025

Nerdlinger

Stainless
Precisely what JonFinn said. In addition to “X” and “Z” is there an “R” column in your offset page? That’s your scumbag as long as you are using cutter comp just like programming a mill, otherwise changing the “R” register value will have no effect. Good luck!