What's new
What's new

Cadillac 1428 - Wiring

jorsborn

Plastic
I have a lathe that I just powered up. Seems there are a few problems with it electrically speaking. I can't get the hi switch position to run nor the motor to reverse. After mucking around in the electrical cabinet I was able to make both work by manually pressing the button on the contactors. I've attached a picture of the contactors and what I believe to be the function of each by following the wires in from the outlet. I need to do some more testing to see if it's the switches or the coils which have failed. I'll do that in a bit... however, does anyone know if the contactors are serviceable? I am just thinking that it will be a real pain if I have to locate another contactor with the same footprint and all (or maybe it won't be).

Also, the coolant switch has been disabled. The leads attached to the contacts from the switch just hang down and connect to nothing. Anyone have a clue where these should go? I don't see anything obvious. My hunch is that it goes to the contactor labeled '???'. The problem is that the contactor is tucked back in there so it's hard to see anything. Anyone have a wiring diagram for a similar machine (or the same)?

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 251
Hello any luck with your machines and did you find a decent wiring diagram? I have a 1422g with similar issues.
Thank you
-mark

From a 1700/2200 series manual. Early '70s Cadillac by Yam. Might help? Over my head.

Thank you,
Mr.Smith

WiringDiagram.jpg

Back