What's new
What's new

Calling all South Bend 11's

RAYAR

Plastic
After some more research, I ended up going with the AXA QCTP (wedge style). I find it a very good fit and size for this lathe. Also considering that this lathe was originally set up to use 1/4" tool bits in a lantern style TP, the AXA size is much more than it originally had. Also turned my T-nut out of 1-3/4" round bar stock since I don't have a mill to mill out the blank that comes with the TP.

MetalCarnage

Stainless
After some more research, I ended up going with the AXA QCTP (wedge style). I find it a very good fit and size for this lathe. Also considering that this lathe was originally set up to use 1/4" tool bits in a lantern style TP, the AXA size is much more than it originally had. Also turned my T-nut out of 1-3/4" round bar stock since I don't have a mill to mill out the blank that comes with the TP.

Just an FYI - Don't let not having a mill stop you. That "milling" job could have done on your lathe. You just need a little creative thinking and not a milling attachment. That's how I did mine.

-Ron

Shotgun Roberts

Plastic
All right here is my 1922 model 27-b lathe. Only thing i've done to it thus far is redo the name plates.
If anybody can help me. I don't know how to get a thread over here. It is on the serial number thread, post #533.
OKay you owners of the 11's. Lets see if we can make this the go to thread for us! Everybody wants a heavy 10 and the 9's have shear numbers. We 11 owners are the redheaded step-childern at the family reunion. Nobody seems to know much about us.
If you have pictures or helpful hints. Let's try to put them here in one spot. I'll post some pictures and story of my unrestored 1922 later.
Pictures