What's new
What's new

CAM Software Options - Prices

Any idea how much a single user licence would be for Sprutcam 16?
If you are in the US, you can get pricing here, probably with minimal sales pressure:

I've been using it intermittently since SprutCAM 4 and they have improved the useability quite a bit, or maybe I just think more like it does now.

Wise move. There are three types of people, those who have been burned by autodesk, those who have learned from others being burned by autodesk, and those who will. You don't even have to have ever been an autodesk customer to be burned by them either, which is an impressive feat.

But they have a really nice copper roof ! Thank you for your contribution :D

I recently decided to look into getting some different CAM options to make life a little quicker on some more complicated machines I am looking at.

We are using SolidWorks / Fusion 360 for our CAD stuff.

Requirements where ability to support simultaneous 5 Axis milling as well as live Tooled , y Axis Sub spindle lathe.

I found the process to be very annoying and the amount of BS spewed out by vendors was amazing, how do any of them stay in business. Some people I spoke to had no idea what their own software actually was or costed ...

Anyway, I would have loved to find the prices in the open but they are all kept hidden so this may help someone else out, I will add to it as I get more responses.

CamWORKS Premium - $14k and annual subscription is $2825.00 and Posts where $1000 per machine - you can stop paying and keep using the version you have - 5 Year Cost $27300

PowerMILL Ultimate
- 1 year is $10k USD , if you would like to do a 3 year subscription the price will be $30k USD - you stop paying you loose access - 5 Year Cost $40000

Esprit
- $40k initial purchase with support for two machines and then $5500 per year maintenance - you can stop paying and keep using the version you have - 5 Year Cost $62 000
Solid Edge CAM Pro (NX CAM) + Solid Edge CAD is a good CAD+CAM affordable option to try. Startups (small businesses within 3 years of operations) can get it for free for a year. For my craft work, I use Zel X for 2 and 1/2 axis (basic needs) that comes with secured storage and machine shop management bits. (https://www.sw.siemens.com/en-US/zel-x/) (Disclosure: I do work for Siemens. These are Siemens tools)

Solid Edge CAM Pro (NX CAM) + Solid Edge CAD is a good CAD+CAM affordable option to try. Startups (small businesses within 3 years of operations) can get it for free for a year. For my craft work, I use Zel X for 2 and 1/2 axis (basic needs) that comes with secured storage and machine shop management bits. (https://www.sw.siemens.com/en-US/zel-x/) (Disclosure: I do work for Siemens. These are Siemens tools)
I just received notice from my reseller that Solid Edge maintenance is going up 15% this year, and they are "transitioning" to the cloud. Both are unpleasant, the cloud may be a dealbreaker, will be for sure if they go subscription only. The language in the notice was not entirely clear. Can you shed light on what is going to happen in regards to this?

I just received notice from my reseller that Solid Edge maintenance is going up 15% this year, and they are "transitioning" to the cloud. Both are unpleasant, the cloud may be a dealbreaker, will be for sure if they go subscription only. The language in the notice was not entirely clear. Can you shed light on what is going to happen in regards to this?
Yeah, NX is pushing for subscription as well, which we are pretty much already paying for their extortion maintenance fee which doesn't even get us support directly from Siemens.

At this point I see it as a competition that all software developers are trying to see just how much of evil, vile, devious bastards they can be before the government intervenes.

I'm just curious, those of you who have commented "you need a different reseller". When I tried to get quotes for Solid Works, and CAM software that works in Solid Works, I was told WHO I could purchase from, with no other options. To say they know little about the software they are selling is an understatement.

How does one "get" a different reseller, when you aren't allowed?

I'm just curious, those of you who have commented "you need a different reseller". When I tried to get quotes for Solid Works, and CAM software that works in Solid Works, I was told WHO I could purchase from, with no other options. To say they know little about the software they are selling is an understatement.

What particular CAM software that works in SW are you speaking of?

It seems as if HawkRidge is acquiring all the CAMWorks resellers so its starting to seem like it really doesn't matter where you are located, but there are a few others out there still though and I've heard of a few shops switching resellers for CAMWorks over the years.

SolidCAM from my understanding doesn't have "resellers", you buy directly from them.

I was looking at Solid Works & CAM Works.... I think. It was very confusing and the reseller was not very helpful and could not answer questions.

It may vary depending on the software, but when I was buying NX, I was 100% sold on it after a week of downloading a demo and just needed to confirm prices/options ect... My local reseller or at least the person I was put in touch with was completely useless and just kept trying to sell me the other cam software they also sold. I got in touch with "corporate" and they strongly recommended staying with the regional distributor but said I was free to go with anyone else. I called up the next closet region reseller and they were great and that was that and I have been happy ever since with them despite them not being local.

I recently decided to look into getting some different CAM options to make life a little quicker on some more complicated machines I am looking at.

We are using SolidWorks / Fusion 360 for our CAD stuff.

Requirements where ability to support simultaneous 5 Axis milling as well as live Tooled , y Axis Sub spindle lathe.

I found the process to be very annoying and the amount of BS spewed out by vendors was amazing, how do any of them stay in business. Some people I spoke to had no idea what their own software actually was or costed ...

Anyway, I would have loved to find the prices in the open but they are all kept hidden so this may help someone else out, I will add to it as I get more responses.

CamWORKS Premium - $14k and annual subscription is $2825.00 and Posts where $1000 per machine - you can stop paying and keep using the version you have - 5 Year Cost $27300

PowerMILL Ultimate
- 1 year is $10k USD , if you would like to do a 3 year subscription the price will be $30k USD - you stop paying you loose access - 5 Year Cost $40000

Esprit
- $40k initial purchase with support for two machines and then $5500 per year maintenance - you can stop paying and keep using the version you have - 5 Year Cost $62 000
I use ONECNC XR8 5 axis for milling

Back