What's new
What's new

Camworks What?? Origin.

Installed SP2 last night, will give it a go this morning.

Are you able to edit the Mits cutting conditions list in CamWorks?

Not available for the Sodick.
Would be nice.
There are a few edits such as wire speed we have to edit on the machine for every part.

Tried opening the file to edit but it seems like it’s an encrypted SQL file.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried to do; open the database. But it's either encrypted or just another format entirely. I built a SQL script for renaming our entire CW tool database with standardized names and was hoping to at least be able to pull in our power tables with some scripting, but no luck.

I still need to verify the Cut Conditions as those hold the Feed, Skim stepover, and E pack. Our machine has adaptive control so it can adjust the power/feed as necessary, but a setting still needs to be applied.

I did find that if you 'Search Conditions' and select wire size, stock thickness, and number of skims that you are using, it correctly applies cut conditions. I wish it would do this automatically.

Again, still super fresh with this software and not an EDM expert by any means. Just happen to be 'The Guy' if you know what I mean.

Will be chipping away at this as I get time, have another project that has priority. Will definitely keep you updated with what I find.

Here are a few questions to ask.

- Can I wire cut an assembly file or do I need to save it as a part?
- What’s the difference between Rebuild/Force Rebuild?
- Want some more info on the splines to arcs feature
- What is the meaning of “First cut type” in the machine setup dialogue?
- Is there a way to collapse all operations with a shortcut?
- Not really clear on the global glue stop options for day and night
- Can I copy operations to similar parts like a merge solid?
- Switching from day to night burning strategy after the part is programmed.
- Getting error. CL file not found when I select post NC. Works on second click.
- Will core cutting work on a tapered die opening?
- Proper procedure for changing the origin after the part is programmed.
- Slug Tab Percentage in machine setting won’t stick. Always reverts back to 100%
- Long explanation of the use of the tech db.

John

Hey John,

I've spent a little bit more time with this, so let me see if i can answer some more of your questions.

- Can I wire cut an assembly file or do I need to save it as a part?

The EDM Pro tab doesn't seem to show up in when you have an assembly open. So it would seem that is a no.

- What’s the difference between Rebuild/Force Rebuild?

Answer from last post.
Rebuild All:

◦This option will generate and/or update the toolpaths required to cut the part on a Wire EDM machine based off the features in the Machine Manager.

Rebuild All (force):

◦This option will regenerate toolpath for all features regardless of if there have been any changes.

- Want some more info on the splines to arcs feature

Are you referring to the Arc/Spline Output tolerance? If so, this is essentially the toolpath accuracy setting or cordal deviation.

- What is the meaning of “First cut type” in the machine setup dialogue?

First Cut Type

First Cut Length

When this option is selected, the user is able to enter the length of the first cut in the cutting conditions page of a feature's settings

First cut leadin %

When this option is selected, the user is able to enter the percentage of the leadin length to be the first cut in the cutting conditions page of a feature's settings

- Is there a way to collapse all operations with a shortcut?

From what it looks like, just the + icon next to the Plane you're working in.

- Not really clear on the global glue stop options for day and night

The help file should have this answer.

- Can I copy operations to similar parts like a merge solid?

Save TechDB (right click a feature/operation in the tree)

◦When this option is selected, the system will save the current settings and conditions for the features/part to a technical database that can be loaded in on later parts.

Haven't used this yet, but seems interesting.

- Switching from day to night burning strategy after the part is programmed.

I'm not sure what you are referring to by 'day and night'

- Getting error. CL file not found when I select post NC. Works on second click.

Could be a bug. Is your post local or on a network?

- Will core cutting work on a tapered die opening?

Not sure. I would lean towards no as it's a 2d type of cut. But you could recommend as an enhancment.

- Proper procedure for changing the origin after the part is programmed.

From the EDM Plane right click menu, select Origin. This worked for me. May have been fixed with SP2.

- Slug Tab Percentage in machine setting won’t stick. Always reverts back to 100%

Won't stick after you change it or when you program another part with defaults. I think the save button in the dialogue will 'save as default'.

- Long explanation of the use of the tech db.

I think this is just to store settings per feature type. Not entirely sure how to use it. Can't find any useful information on the subject.

Hope this helps!

Back